To carry a purse or not?

TweedleDee

I also purchased a Lewis N Clark bag from e-bags, but it was this one: http://www.ebags.com/lewis_n_clark/organizer_waist_pack/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=7942It also comes with a strap so you can use it as a shoulder bag. For its size it holds a surprising amount of stuff. It was long enough in length to comfortably hold all the travel documents.

I used it for travel, but once I was on the ship I mainly used the lanyard thing with the pocket for the Seapass card. It felt really good not to have to carry a big, clunky purse around. For evening, I have a flat leather thing that you can carry credit cards and some cash in. It folds over and snaps, and has a long shoulder strap. My husband carried my lipstick in his pocket. Next time I won't even use that, I'll just have my husband carry my card & lipstick, and not worry about it!

Sharon H.

The L&C bag that I bought also has a shoulder strap, and a belt hoop as well. It was very compact and not clunky at all. I could have used it to carry all of my travel documents, but I did not want it for that purpose. I wanted it to carry with me around the ship and on my excursions, to keep credit cards, small amount of cash/change, traveler's checks, driver's license, camera, reading glasses, brush, lipstick, pantiliners, etc. Not a lot of stuff, but things that I needed to have with me thru the day (I have no hubby!). My document holder held our passports, and the majority of my funds and traveler's checks, and reservation confirmations for our various excursions and pre/post hotels. It stayed in my travel tote when off the ship (except for the cash which was around my waist in a security wallet - very small and very comfortable), and in the safe on the ship. Never took my passports out without immediately replacing them.

On second thought, I have a black microfiber bag From Maxx NY that hooks around your waist and is very thin.

I'll probably use that when travelling around the ship and in the ports. It will hold my i.d. a lipstick, my credit-card sized digital camera, some money and contact lens items.

That should do it. I'll have an evening bag for formal nights and the supper club. ;)

Archived