Getting to port

Rolandtgs

Hi all;

I am now at the point of choosing between 2 cruises, and I have a question about travelling to the port.

Here's the scenario;

I am either cruising with Carnival out of Port Canaveral, or cruising with Princess out of Fort Lauderdale.

We are spending a couple days in Orlando prior to the cruise, if we leave from Fort Lauderdale, we can fly into Orlando, get a rental car and then drop it off at the FLL airport, which is conveniently right next to the port. Then fly back home out of FLL. The drawback to this is a 3.5 to 4 hour drive from Orlando, and the flight back home is not direct from FLL.

Alternatively, we could fly in and out of Orlando, but I have no idea how I am going to get to Port Canaveral which is an hour from the Orlando airport without the rental (which I believe will have to be dropped of at the airport). Is there anywhere to drop rentals off at Port Canaveral? Do we have to take a bus from the airport (not very desireable).

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply Barbee524.

That makes a huge difference to my plans. At least I can drive myself there one way, and I guess shuttle back to the airport at the end.

Now if I can just find out what is going on with the stop in Costa Maya. GOing to be difficult to stop there with no port.

Thanks

We did a Carnival shuttle from Miami airport to the port of Miami. We came back from a 3 nighter cruise and then took the shuttle to the airport where we rented a car for the other half of our trip. As long as you keep in mind that a car rented from one location and dropped off at another might have an extra fee added to it. I would check with car rental agencies about it.

Archived