Mariner of the Seas wedding review 8/19

phenomenal

My wedding review…. Mariner of the Seas August 19, 2007 port side wedding at Port Canaveral Cocoa Beach, Florida.

I mailed most of my wedding stuff down to my sister that lives in Orlando. I also mailed my wedding dress and had it steamed pressed by a bridal shop for $40.00. I went to Port Canaveral two days before sailing. I stayed at Comfort Inn Suites. I must mention here that should you have your wedding party staying there you may ask for the pool side rooms on the same side as the reservation counter (left). They need to remove the carpet on the opposite side (right) for it smells horrible on the opposite side of the reservation desk. I was moved several times. The suites are lovely and spacious enough for last minute details and favor assembly.

My family and guest came on Saturday August 18. We used A1A shuttle service and I must say they did an excellent job getting my family and friends to and from Port Canaveral. The beach is walking distance from hotel and my family enjoyed going there. I arranged for 30 people to eat at Captain J’s in Port Canaveral. The hotel receptionist told me that they had slow service. She was right. We showed up at 7:00 and we did have additional guests. They brought out additional tables. They put two young girls to handle the party and I must say at 9:30 p.m. we only had drinks and salad. The food orders were not put in totally and the kids meals started coming with assistance from my sister who complained. We ended up leaving and ate KFC and Pizza Hut.

The hotel has Karaoke and I must say that was a hit. We had several kids in our party so some teenagers and older adults watched the kids. We had a singer attending the wedding and he sung several songs which went over big within the lounge. I sung Last Dance to my then DF with three backup singer/dancer on the small stage. We had a blast and other people in the audience joined in and made it a wonderful pre celebration… Big Shout Out to them for making it so much fun…

We returned to the room (bride maid, mother and cousin) about 12ish and started putting last minute wedding favors and arranging luggage. (If I had a chance to change thing this would have been skipped.) I had decided to use mints and make bride and groom boxes. Assembling them was a task but I did not want to do them early so they would not get bended up. I also had cups that we inserted with a thank you picture and message.

We got up the next day after going to bed at 4ish at 6:30 am. My groom was well rested and was able to get luggage and needed items to the shuttle transportation. I had the wedding stuff and decoration package separate. I also had a list of details and assigned tasked printed out. I recruited non sailing guests to help carry on wedding stuff.

The previous night I had got on my mother about wearing hair rollers out. Would you know it my hairstylist had me go to the port with big rollers in my hair. I should up at the port and after unloading and getting the family assembles. I must mention here it is important to do Set Sail passes for all sailing guest. It is also important that if you have anyone in your party traveling with a hyphenated name only one name shows up on the print out so have your ship printout handy. My mother name is hyphenated and I was way ahead of her and was told that my mother was still at the door to pre boarding unable to get in because her name showed up different. I had my print out and her sailing pass. I ran back and she was immediately able to get through… I met my wedding coordinators and officiate. I never did see my second wedding coordinator which I paid extra for since I had fifty guests. She went over how I wanted people in my wedding party to line up. I also wanted to have one of my family members do a prayer before the vows. I had the family sand ceremony with a special twist different from what the wedding officiate provided. The officiate did an excellent job with the vows and she also included a prayer at the end. The reception was lovely but quick. We did the appetizer and one hour of bar service. We were able to have a quick bite, champagne toast and cake cutting. I must say that I had only one small bite of cake and never saw the cake again.

We had a friend as we did our wedding dance to; Give me forever I do by James Ingram and John Tesh. I had used 20 silk blue flowers (one of wedding color) and had them in a bunch in my hand. I had all the single women attending my wedding to stand for the flower toss and gave a speech about wishing them all the best in luck in finding their soul mate. They were all thinking that I had one flower to toss but I toss them up and single flowers fell so that each one would leave with a flower and wish for finding their mate. We also did the garter belt toss and chatted a bit with guest. We paid for an additional hour of photography. I came prepared with a list of pictures I wanted. I used Josito Plata as a photographer. He was very nice. He told so many pictures that I must say I was glad when it was over. He had the pictures ready by Tuesday. I did not have to negotiate with him. He gave us the price lists. I had arranged with Ian Lawrence, Director, Operation-Image Photo Inc. in advance to purchase the Pearl Package which is 499.00 that includes the CD with all the pictures. The packages now have a limited amount of pictures on the CD and the small print also states that the CD pictures are in small resolution. Our photograph made the CD in advance in high resolution and also threw in extra photos. He was very nice and the transition when lovely.

We asked all sailing guest to meet in the main dining room for dinner. We were going to give out the wedding favor bags at dinner the first sailing night. (We did not get them out to next sailing day ) I believe I over did the bags… I put in each bag a welcome letter with all sailing guest room numbers. This was a great idea!!! I purchase bags from Oriental trading and smaller bags from the dollar store for children. I also put in each bag a beach mat from Oriental Trading, a photo book which I personally designed, a travel mug with a thank you and our picture, a mini battery operated fan, Id pouch, (this really did come in handy and other guest asked were did we get them from), lollipops, whistle, flipflop candle, beach shirt candle, lip balm, sea shell frame, hand sanitizer, key ring, lifesavor wedding favor, royal Caribbean coupon book from travel agent, sticky note pad, kids bags had bubble, goggles, light up toys, candy, whistle, jewelry, cups and beach mat.

All this stuff took up a lot of space and time!!!!

What went as planned and right…. The wedding was wonderful. My family decorated the tables and the Lotus lounge beautiful. The flowers which came with the Harmony package was lovely. The music for the ceremony was great. One of the coordinators/wedding officiate was on top of things. The extra photography session was needed and terrific. Wedding bags were a big hit. We attended the honeymoon activity event on the ship on one night by happen chance. We walked in looking for family members and found out it was for honeymooners only. Their were 80 couples sailing on their honeymoon. They gave out champaign and prizes. We won one bag of prizes. It was very nice and they served cake.

What went wrong... I should have assigned a clean up crew. One person to collect all wedding material. I no longer have a special book which guest signed it because it is missing. I never received my toasting glasses and some wedding things since it was not collected. The cake was never sent up to my room. We never had to champagne sent to the room like the coordinator stated. We had to request it several days later as it was purchased by one of the guest. During the photo session the photographer took us outside and inside. It is hot we should have brought with us a handkerchief. He took pictures with sweat all over our faces.

The coordinator did not come to get me like she said and it was after the start time about 18 mins. to be exact... I panic and came down without her..

I had my dressed altered.... purchased a bustle... .. realtered... lost weight..... day of the wedding bust portion of wedding dress to big... in my case that rarely happens... dealt with it and moved on.....

broke wedding finger two and half weeks before the wedding. I was determine to have a wedding ring placed on my finger. Purchase another band and finger was still swollen... Had bride maid ready with lip balm in her dress so that when it was time for the ring I would use it to help slid on the ring.. no one knew but she and I. It was funny... ring made it..lol....

Three people in sailing group missed their plane... Felt bad tried to arrange transportation but in the end they had to sing....Sitting at the Dock of the bay watching the ship sail away.

I was the key person ALL guests had the cell phone number to. Assign a person to handle issues and transportation problems. With having so many family coming in traveling with us it SEEMED like their were many issues and small fires they called ME the BRIDE to put out... It was not until my cousin took my cell phone and turned it off.... that I rested and stop acting like Bridezilla.

A note to future Brides

Future brides… make sure you make a book with all details inside. Take your book with you just incase you encounter a problem. We were able to get out pictures at the agreed price because I kept the email and printed it and brought it on the ship.

Future Brides we used an I pod in the Lotus lounge. I had it set for wedding music and dance music. It was great I purchased the In motion speaker for I pod use at Best Buy. The speaker is by Altec Lansing which has a five hour battery charge. As we were getting into the shuttle heading to the cruise ship I played Ain’t No Stopping Us Now…. The battery pack built in lasted a long time.

Future Brides I also made a CD to give the DJ at the night club. The Dragron Liar was a spot we enjoyed the most. I labeled it Mariner of the Seas dance music with all the songs we loved to dance to list on it. The DJ had a lot of song but he also played songs that he did not have that were our favorites.

Future Brides

Prior to the wedding designate someone to call all non sailing and sailing guest to make sure they have needed travel document. I used a website and sent out two newsletters and still we had people running around as if they did not know what to bring.

Future Brides

Come prepared and know how you want people to be lined up in your wedding what you need for your coordinator to do.. What and who will she be assigning to have things delivered to your cabin after the wedding… ie cake, champagne and wedding material.

Future Brides remember that the photographer is taking pictures of you not your guest. I took several pictures looking at guest taking pictures when I should have been looking at the photographer. Do provide cameras for guest to take pictures of the receptions. I must say I have more than enough pictures.

MOST OF ALL REMEMBER THIS IS YOUR ONCE AND A LIFE TIME DREAM… MARRYING THE MAN OR WOMAN OF YOUR DREAM. HAVE FUN!!!!!! I WOULD DO IT ALL AGAIN IN A HEART BEAT…. I LOVED EVERY MOMENT!!!!

I will post the pictures just as soon as I upload them to snapfish....

Congratulations and thank you for your review! I'm glad your wedding went well!

Thanks for talking about your bags for those who traveled with you. We have started getting stuff for our bags (a little at a time) and we have thought of doing many of the things you did, but you definitely gave us a few more ideas. Also, we've been debating the ID pouch. It sounds like that is one thing we should definitely do.

Congratulations and thank you for your review! I'm glad your wedding went well!

Thanks for talking about your bags for those who traveled with you. We have started getting stuff for our bags (a little at a time) and we have thought of doing many of the things you did, but you definitely gave us a few more ideas. Also, we've been debating the ID pouch. It sounds like that is one thing we should definitely do.

Check dollar stores first. I must tell you that Dollar Tree does not carry them. We found them in a smaller scale dollar store....

My wedding review…. Mariner of the Seas August 19, 2007 port side wedding at Port Canaveral Cocoa Beach, Florida.

I mailed most of my wedding stuff down to my sister that lives in Orlando. I also mailed my wedding dress and had it steamed pressed by a bridal shop for $40.00. I went to Port Canaveral two days before sailing. I stayed at Comfort Inn Suites. I must mention here that should you have your wedding party staying there you may ask for the pool side rooms on the same side as the reservation counter (left). They need to remove the carpet on the opposite side (right) for it smells horrible on the opposite side of the reservation desk. I was moved several times. The suites are lovely and spacious enough for last minute details and favor assembly.

My family and guest came on Saturday August 18. We used A1A shuttle service and I must say they did an excellent job getting my family and friends to and from Port Canaveral. The beach is walking distance from hotel and my family enjoyed going there. I arranged for 30 people to eat at Captain J’s in Port Canaveral. The hotel receptionist told me that they had slow service. She was right. We showed up at 7:00 and we did have additional guests. They brought out additional tables. They put two young girls to handle the party and I must say at 9:30 p.m. we only had drinks and salad. The food orders were not put in totally and the kids meals started coming with assistance from my sister who complained. We ended up leaving and ate KFC and Pizza Hut.

The hotel has Karaoke and I must say that was a hit. We had several kids in our party so some teenagers and older adults watched the kids. We had a singer attending the wedding and he sung several songs which went over big within the lounge. I sung Last Dance to my then DF with three backup singer/dancer on the small stage. We had a blast and other people in the audience joined in and made it a wonderful pre celebration… Big Shout Out to them for making it so much fun…

We returned to the room (bride maid, mother and cousin) about 12ish and started putting last minute wedding favors and arranging luggage. (If I had a chance to change thing this would have been skipped.) I had decided to use mints and make bride and groom boxes. Assembling them was a task but I did not want to do them early so they would not get bended up. I also had cups that we inserted with a thank you picture and message.

We got up the next day after going to bed at 4ish at 6:30 am. My groom was well rested and was able to get luggage and needed items to the shuttle transportation. I had the wedding stuff and decoration package separate. I also had a list of details and assigned tasked printed out. I recruited non sailing guests to help carry on wedding stuff.

The previous night I had got on my mother about wearing hair rollers out. Would you know it my hairstylist had me go to the port with big rollers in my hair. I should up at the port and after unloading and getting the family assembles. I must mention here it is important to do Set Sail passes for all sailing guest. It is also important that if you have anyone in your party traveling with a hyphenated name only one name shows up on the print out so have your ship printout handy. My mother name is hyphenated and I was way ahead of her and was told that my mother was still at the door to pre boarding unable to get in because her name showed up different. I had my print out and her sailing pass. I ran back and she was immediately able to get through… I met my wedding coordinators and officiate. I never did see my second wedding coordinator which I paid extra for since I had fifty guests. She went over how I wanted people in my wedding party to line up. I also wanted to have one of my family members do a prayer before the vows. I had the family sand ceremony with a special twist different from what the wedding officiate provided. The officiate did an excellent job with the vows and she also included a prayer at the end. The reception was lovely but quick. We did the appetizer and one hour of bar service. We were able to have a quick bite, champagne toast and cake cutting. I must say that I had only one small bite of cake and never saw the cake again.

We had a friend as we did our wedding dance to; Give me forever I do by James Ingram and John Tesh. I had used 20 silk blue flowers (one of wedding color) and had them in a bunch in my hand. I had all the single women attending my wedding to stand for the flower toss and gave a speech about wishing them all the best in luck in finding their soul mate. They were all thinking that I had one flower to toss but I toss them up and single flowers fell so that each one would leave with a flower and wish for finding their mate. We also did the garter belt toss and chatted a bit with guest. We paid for an additional hour of photography. I came prepared with a list of pictures I wanted. I used Josito Plata as a photographer. He was very nice. He told so many pictures that I must say I was glad when it was over. He had the pictures ready by Tuesday. I did not have to negotiate with him. He gave us the price lists. I had arranged with Ian Lawrence, Director, Operation-Image Photo Inc. in advance to purchase the Pearl Package which is 499.00 that includes the CD with all the pictures. The packages now have a limited amount of pictures on the CD and the small print also states that the CD pictures are in small resolution. Our photograph made the CD in advance in high resolution and also threw in extra photos. He was very nice and the transition when lovely.

We asked all sailing guest to meet in the main dining room for dinner. We were going to give out the wedding favor bags at dinner the first sailing night. (We did not get them out to next sailing day ) I believe I over did the bags… I put in each bag a welcome letter with all sailing guest room numbers. This was a great idea!!! I purchase bags from Oriental trading and smaller bags from the dollar store for children. I also put in each bag a beach mat from Oriental Trading, a photo book which I personally designed, a travel mug with a thank you and our picture, a mini battery operated fan, Id pouch, (this really did come in handy and other guest asked were did we get them from), lollipops, whistle, flipflop candle, beach shirt candle, lip balm, sea shell frame, hand sanitizer, key ring, lifesavor wedding favor, royal Caribbean coupon book from travel agent, sticky note pad, kids bags had bubble, goggles, light up toys, candy, whistle, jewelry, cups and beach mat.

All this stuff took up a lot of space and time!!!!

What went as planned and right…. The wedding was wonderful. My family decorated the tables and the Lotus lounge beautiful. The flowers which came with the Harmony package was lovely. The music for the ceremony was great. One of the coordinators/wedding officiate was on top of things. The extra photography session was needed and terrific. Wedding bags were a big hit. We attended the honeymoon activity event on the ship on one night by happen chance. We walked in looking for family members and found out it was for honeymooners only. Their were 80 couples sailing on their honeymoon. They gave out champaign and prizes. We won one bag of prizes. It was very nice and they served cake.

What went wrong... I should have assigned a clean up crew. One person to collect all wedding material. I no longer have a special book which guest signed it because it is missing. I never received my toasting glasses and some wedding things since it was not collected. The cake was never sent up to my room. We never had to champagne sent to the room like the coordinator stated. We had to request it several days later as it was purchased by one of the guest. During the photo session the photographer took us outside and inside. It is hot we should have brought with us a handkerchief. He took pictures with sweat all over our faces.

The coordinator did not come to get me like she said and it was after the start time about 18 mins. to be exact... I panic and came down without her..

I had my dressed altered.... purchased a bustle... .. realtered... lost weight..... day of the wedding bust portion of wedding dress to big... in my case that rarely happens... dealt with it and moved on.....

broke wedding finger two and half weeks before the wedding. I was determine to have a wedding ring placed on my finger. Purchase another band and finger was still swollen... Had bride maid ready with lip balm in her dress so that when it was time for the ring I would use it to help slid on the ring.. no one knew but she and I. It was funny... ring made it..lol....

Three people in sailing group missed their plane... Felt bad tried to arrange transportation but in the end they had to sing....Sitting at the Dock of the bay watching the ship sail away.

I was the key person ALL guests had the cell phone number to. Assign a person to handle issues and transportation problems. With having so many family coming in traveling with us it SEEMED like their were many issues and small fires they called ME the BRIDE to put out... It was not until my cousin took my cell phone and turned it off.... that I rested and stop acting like Bridezilla.

A note to future Brides

Future brides… make sure you make a book with all details inside. Take your book with you just incase you encounter a problem. We were able to get out pictures at the agreed price because I kept the email and printed it and brought it on the ship.

Future Brides we used an I pod in the Lotus lounge. I had it set for wedding music and dance music. It was great I purchased the In motion speaker for I pod use at Best Buy. The speaker is by Altec Lansing which has a five hour battery charge. As we were getting into the shuttle heading to the cruise ship I played Ain’t No Stopping Us Now…. The battery pack built in lasted a long time.

Future Brides I also made a CD to give the DJ at the night club. The Dragron Liar was a spot we enjoyed the most. I labeled it Mariner of the Seas dance music with all the songs we loved to dance to list on it. The DJ had a lot of song but he also played songs that he did not have that were our favorites.

Future Brides

Prior to the wedding designate someone to call all non sailing and sailing guest to make sure they have needed travel document. I used a website and sent out two newsletters and still we had people running around as if they did not know what to bring.

Future Brides

Come prepared and know how you want people to be lined up in your wedding what you need for your coordinator to do.. What and who will she be assigning to have things delivered to your cabin after the wedding… ie cake, champagne and wedding material.

Future Brides remember that the photographer is taking pictures of you not your guest. I took several pictures looking at guest taking pictures when I should have been looking at the photographer. Do provide cameras for guest to take pictures of the receptions. I must say I have more than enough pictures.

MOST OF ALL REMEMBER THIS IS YOUR ONCE AND A LIFE TIME DREAM… MARRYING THE MAN OR WOMAN OF YOUR DREAM. HAVE FUN!!!!!! I WOULD DO IT ALL AGAIN IN A HEART BEAT…. I LOVED EVERY MOMENT!!!!

I will post the pictures just as soon as I upload them to snapfish....

Keisha is that you???

My family and I were coming down the promenade near the elevators right before you walked down the aisle!! :-)

What a beautiful bride with an amazing voice I must say!!

Congratulations again!! :p

Archived