Has anyone purchased the "Well Being Package"?

Becky Jo

We are about to take our first HAL cruise, we will be on the Noordam for 20 days.

My question is, has anyone purchased the Well Being Package offered through the spa and if so, could you tell us more about the package?

There are some items listed that are self explanatory but others are not.....for example....the package lists "spa treatment" What does that encompass?

The package lists the following on the website:

• Hydro Pool and Thermal Suites
  • Fitness Classes
  • Alpha Capsule - What is this - could not find on the website
  • Spa treatment - Are massages included?
  • Fruit
  • Bathrobe

Any details would be wonderful. Is this a Deal or a Dud?

Thanks to everyone for all the information on the boards!!

Becky and David

Dear Becky:

I am curious...:confused: where did you find the description of the "wellbeing package" ? I just looked at the Gift Guide to see what the price of the package was and it's not listed. I also looked on HAL's web site under the spa section and don't see it mentioned.

I am a spa lover and have an upcoming cruise where my husband and I plan on buying a couple's pass to the thermal spa suite. The well being package you describe is interesting, also. There has been a lot of discussion here on the thermal suites, including pictures. Everyone seems to enjoy it very much. Passes are limited so it can't get too crowded. If you do a search you can read about the thermal suites and view the pictures.

Can you tell me where on the web site you found the description of this package? Maybe some one will come back with more information for us. If all else fails, you can call your TA to get the price, I guess.

Thanks! :)

takemewithyou,

Here is the path where I found the information:

hollandamerica.com>For Booked Guest>Order Onboard Gifts>My Login>

(you may have to create a login here if you do not have one yet - this is different from your booking number)select guest or complete the information for your booking number>Choose Gifts (this is also where you can make reservations for the PG)>Select Gift Category>Beauty Relaxitation and Fitness.

You can now scroll down to the Well Being Packages, the details will tell you if it is for a Vista ship or the others and the pricing is there for single or double.

It sounds very enticing and would love more information on some of the details.

Becky

I happen to have been looking at this package just before I saw this thread, so for those who want to find it, it is located on the HAL site under "For Booked Guests", "Order Onboard Gifts". You will then have to log in to your HAL account, which will take you to your current booking. Then click on "Choose Gifts", and then on "Beauty, relaxation and fitness". That will take you to spa packages that can be pre-booked, such as the one Becky is talking about.

The Well-Being Package Becky is referring to would be $298 for one person on the Noordam for a sailing of up to 10 days. Becky, I assume you are on two BTB 10 day sailings, is that right?

It will be interesting to hear from any who have purchased this package, or had it gifted to them (even better :) ).

Bonnie

I'm curious about the fitness class portion of this. On a Princess cruise last year, I could pay a one-time fee that included all of the for-free fitness classes. Is this the same type of thing (plus all the other goodies)? Given that classes are $11 each and there are at least two each day, this is sounding like a bargain.

Dear Becky:

I had not bothered to create a profile and then view all the offerings - I thought it was just what you could download from the gift brochure, but there is much more offered than just that. Thanks for the heads up.

I just tried to call Shipboard Services at 1-800-541-1576 to get more information for all of us, but of course, they are closed in observance of the holiday! Forgot it is a holiday....

That would be the best thing to do - to call them since it doesn't seem that anyone has actually had experience booking this.

For those who are interested in the wine packages offered and the bar set-ups, if you bother to take the time to log on and create a password, etc. you will see all that is offered and the prices.

Thanks, Becky, I learned something new. :D

I can tell you about the Alpha Capsule ... and I love it!

It's a clamshell-like device (sorta like a tanning bed) that you lie in with your head on the outside. It looks like an "egg", which is what I've always called it.

They cover your eyes with a little beanbag (scented beanbag sometimes) and turn the machine on for a timed period of maybe 20 minutes. You're lying in a form-fitting bed that is covered with a towel, and you are fully dressed (except for shoes) throughout.

The bed vibrates slightly ... puffs of different temperature air are emitted...aromatherapy scents are used ... and you wear headsets with gentle music adjusted to your preference. A very relaxing experience.

The Egg used to have the claim of giving 4 hours of rest in 1/2 hour ... all I know is that I emerge relaxed and refreshed, and if they have one on Zuiderdam I know where I'll be .... lol.

I got through to the customer service rep who said this is a new package. The spa treatment is your choice of one 50 minute facial or massage. The fitness class is a coupon for one class (I was hoping for an unlimited pass or at least more classes). The thermal suite and hydro pool is the normal pass. This looks like a bargain is you figure the thermal suite is $150, the massage if $99, the bathrobe is ~$50. I'm not sure what the price of the Alpha Capsule is, but I'm guessing at least $75.

Archived