Toilet Height?

Quiltr

We will be cruising soon on RCCL with our kids. My 5 yo likes to use a stool to sit properly on the toilet (so his legs won't dangle) and reach the sink faucets. He is able to use a toilet without the stool but if the toilet is a bit higher than he is used too, he doesn't want to go. Are cruise ship toilets a different height than regular toilets?

What about the sink?

Pam

I was wondering the same thing - I was thinking back to our last cruise and my son 2 1/2 (at the time) was having a hard time standing to go to the potty (he couldn't stand so he was sitting) - so I was thinking about how I was going to handle it this time (he is almost 3 1/2) - :confused:

The only toilets that are a different height are those that are in the handicapped accessible cabins, and those are ADA height, which are much higher than regular toilets. They don't have lower toilets on any ship that I'm aware.

I think I have the IKEA step stool that was mentioned. It wouldn't take up any extra room because it is hollow. I probably will take the stool, just in case. My son also has a thing about unfamiliar bathrooms, so stool from home might be helpful.

Thanks

Pam

We didn't even think of this until we were on the ship for an hour or so and my son went to the bathroom and realized he couldn't reach the toilet while standing. He needed to be able to go independently without needing someone to lift him up every time so we talked to the steward and he found a small step stool and brought it to our cabin for the duration. Little boys are just not tall enough to get up there on their own and our steward seemed to be very proud of himself that he 'handled' our little crisis.

Ok according to my 7 year old, the toilets in the kid's clubs are smaller than the cabin toilets. :D

I never had a problem with my kids letting their feet dangle. The only problems I've ever had with the toilets are the VERY loud flushing sound. It used to scare the crap out of my oldest. I had to flush it after she left the bathroom...lol.

She has overcome that fear now though. :)

Ok according to my 7 year old, the toilets in the kid's clubs are smaller than the cabin toilets. :D

I never had a problem with my kids letting their feet dangle. The only problems I've ever had with the toilets are the VERY loud flushing sound. It used to scare the crap out of my oldest. I had to flush it after she left the bathroom...lol.

She has overcome that fear now though. :)

I can totally relate! The loud flush scares the crap out of me too! (No pun intended ;)

Archived