Just returned from Costa Allegra. Glad to answer to any question

Paprizo

Can you tell me about the cost for Visas? Also how were the excursions? Can you give us more details about the cruise experience itself, such as the appearance and running of the ship, dining experience and your fellow cruisers?

I was on the short cruise with only 2 ports, Cheju and Nagasaki. Visa costs were included. My cruise started and ended in Tianjin, China, and I had to apply for a double entry visa before I left home through Chinese Consulate.

The ship is one of the smallest in Costa fleet, this means that all facilities are reduced in dimension but not in quantity nor, more important, in quality. It is like living in a small village, where you get to know everybody and you get familiar to the ship much sooner.

The staff is very nice and friendly. The Cruise Director is very carefull about all details and always ready to help.

Food is very high quality. Dinner is single open seating and, even if they have to serve main course to one table and dessert to another all at the same time, all dishes always arrive perfect to your table. There are 2 menus, one Chinese and one Italian. Buffet is also very rich.

My fellow cruisers were mostly Chinese and Japanise (90% I believe). They attended all cruise activities with genuine and contagious

enthusiasm. Gym, dance, parties, art and craft class (I suggest you to try, is very relaxing and fun), italian class, cooking class .... there is not enough time to do everything.

I didn't go on the excursions as I always prefer to discover new places on my own.

Hope I answered all questions but let me know if I didn't.

I'm considering a Far East cruise for 2008 or 2009. I spotted the Allegra did an attractive itinery and am very tempted! I'm encouraged by what you have to say, as the only thing that worries me is the size of the ship. The few cruises we've done so far have all been on the bigger ships. I like the way you can always find space on them, is that the case on Allegra? You said you did a couple of days, I wonder if we'd be ok for a couple of weeks?

Cheers

J

My cruise lasted 5 nights. I like people but I sometimes need to enjoy a book in the silence. Even if the ship was smaller then others I've been and, I think, with no empty cabins, I could always find a spot where I could be on my own. My favourite was on the upper deck, shaded by the chemney. Also the bars were often almost empty.

There were many children on the ship but the club dedicated to them would take great care keeping them busy and quite, even if there were many in the spas.

I forgot to mention that there were 2 different shows every night, a lot of music both classical and rock and an amazing show called "instant fashion".

• 1 month later...

My wife and I are going on a 14 day cruise on Costa Allegra in March, 2008. I would be interested to know the cost of drinks on board. Say the cost of stubbie or can of beer (what brand) draught beer (what size glass), house wine by the glass and the average cost of a bottle of white wine?? Thank you

Archived