Be careful what you pack

cruzincurt

I started looking up these fashion accessories and got a big surprise....what are these people thinking?

Salt Lake City June 2006

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/2006-06-20-belt-buckle-evacuation_x.htm

Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport, Apr. 26, 2006

http://www.securityinfowatch.com/article/article.jsp?id=8082&siteSection=327

London International Airport, Canada

http://lfpress.ca/cgi-bin/publish.cgi?p=141187&x=articles&s=travel

Valley Regional Airport

http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=d3f6c66d-7fbb-4971-a7cb-9f06e5554524&k=18180

I work at one of the worlds busiest airports and the constantly make the judgement call, 'is it a bomb' or is it just some idiot who does not think! Most times i go on the side of caution, would you want to be the person like me making the decision, is it? or is it not?

a child's belt buckle shaped like a hand grenade...does that sound odd to anyone else??

Strange that it took hours to figure out what it actually was though

Nothing sounds odd to me anymore when you have 3 teens in your house!;)

I have seen these for myself, and like I said, I thought it was flush on the belt, not like a 3-D type. Either way it's got disaster written all over it :(

Safety........................FULL STOP !

I worked onboard cruise ships for many years & the safety of passengers was THE BIG DEAL :mad:

We attend drills weekly, we have safety on our minds 24/7, we are trained to take charge of ever situation.

Ive been off the ships as a worker for 12yrs now but Im still alert to every emergency situation, I will always respond to fire alarms, cries for help & assist where I can.

If parents or adults travel with fake weapons they deserve to have the book thrown at them.......& take responsibility for their actions :mad:

Hey Dorisday!!! How've you been???? Seeing your post brought back great memories! (Sorry for the off-topic post!!)

Safety........................FULL STOP !

I worked onboard cruise ships for many years & the safety of passengers was THE BIG DEAL :mad:

We attend drills weekly, we have safety on our minds 24/7, we are trained to take charge of ever situation.

Ive been off the ships as a worker for 12yrs now but Im still alert to every emergency situation, I will always respond to fire alarms, cries for help & assist where I can.

If parents or adults travel with fake weapons they deserve to have the book thrown at them.......& take responsibility for their actions :mad:

I was just joking......didn't mean to ruffle your feathers.:)

Like I would really take a bow & arrow on a cruise, I need the room for my shoes;)

Geesh I'm glad my kids left their uzis at home on the last cruise. :p

On a serious note, here I am worried about getting a lighter through the airport although I KNOW they reversed the rules. But a parent lets a child pack a fake grenade belt buckle. Oh yeah, that's smart. :rolleyes:

I am the mom of two teenagers and the clothing on the market is frequently offensive and sometime my kids just do not get the "underlying" meaning of these clothes and accessories so it is a constant battle. I agree that the parents should have been more careful about the items their "child" packed but I for one and glad the screeners are doing their jobs. I would not want them to open suspicious luggage and endanger passengers waiting in line and I would much rather be delayed 2 hours than be blown-up. So thank you to all the transportation safety workers out there protecting us.

Archived