ALASKA-PRINCESS BALCONYS

Lizzybell

Hello, would like feedback from travelers who have done inside passage on Diamond-we have mini suite on dolphin deck-did you use it alot, weather wise-how was it being no roof" etc. Overall impression of suite in general. Much appreciate any feedback, thanks, Liz

we weren't on the Diamond, or in a mini suite icon_frown.gif

but we used and loved our half open/ half covered balcony on the Coral every single day!

It was terrific having a table to keep my map and guide books and two sets of binoculars and being able to run in and out and order room service and get up in the middle of the night just to stand and watch the water and look for otters.

we had some drizzle, but no down pours.

The temperatures ranged from feeling about 40 degrees with wind chill (sweat shirt covered with wind breaker, wool hat, gloves) to shorts and tank top feeling about 85. And this was on the same day icon_wink.gif, while going through Glacier Bay.

Most of the time on the balcony it was a sweat shirt or jacket if you were sitting for any length of time, but with the balcony it was easy to take off or add layers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Genessa:

we had some drizzle, but no down pours.

The temperatures ranged from feeling about 40 degrees with wind chill (sweat shirt covered with wind breaker, wool hat, gloves) to shorts and tank top feeling about 85. And this was on the same day icon_wink.gif, while going through Glacier Bay.

Most of the time on the balcony it was a sweat shirt or jacket if you were sitting for any length of time, but with the balcony it was easy to take off or add layers.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What time of year were you there?

Liz, We've just got back from Alaska on the Diamond and had a mini suite on dolphin deck. It was perfect. We had awesome weather blue skies every day - no drizzle. (On 2 of the days people were even lying out next to the pools!) The day time temps were 68-69 and the evenings much cooler. We sat out having drinks, enjoying the beautiful scenery and even had to take our lightweight jackets off.

We loved the big balcony and weren't fazed about it not having a cover - in fact for Alaska when one has great weather it was perfect because the more sun you can get the better!

The mini-suite was wonderful. Great first impression - plenty of space, 2 TV's - seperate sitting area where we even entertained. Super restful color scheme, comfy bed, great tub and shower and entrance area & of course all the other stuff, cookies on arrival, fruit bowl replenished whenever you need it, toiletries and terry robes.

7 days are definitely not long enough!!!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;9;6;19;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Until Millenium 9/6/2004 to Europe!

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Liz,

I have been following the weather for next week and it's looking like rain every day. icon_mad.gificon_confused.gif The day time temps look like they will be 57-64. I'm going next week, so it will be rain for me. Being from Portland, OR I guess I should be use to it. I'm sure it will be great anyway.

Lynda

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vicreg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Genessa:

Most of the time on the balcony it was a sweat shirt or jacket if you were sitting for any length of time, but with the balcony it was easy to take off or add layers.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What time of year were you there?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

July 12 - 19

Archived