Aft Vibrations

katiebeth

I have read that some passengers felt there was alot of vibration in the Aft section of the Journey.

We are holding two aft cabins next summer on the Quest. (Penthouse deck) and are wondering if we need to re-consider the cabin choices.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Sailings,

Thank,

Nancy

I have read that some passengers felt there was alot of vibration in the Aft section of the Journey.

We are holding two aft cabins next summer on the Quest. (Penthouse deck) and are wondering if we need to re-consider the cabin choices.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Sailings,

Thank,

Nancy

I have been in Balcony aft cabins on Oceania twice and I think my comments are valid about all former "R" ships.

I choose this location because if you look at the profile of the R ships you will notice that the midship balcony cabins do not have open railings to the floor but rather a metal partition until about a third of the way up. My experience is that the cabins at the aft end of the ship are fine but as you approach the rear elevators the vibration becomes much more noticeable. This is logical since the engines and smokestack are near the rear elevator section. Some of the major suites are also at the very back end of the ship and vibration has never been a very big issue with them. Having said that, if vibration concerns you I would opt for a forward cabin and, the higher the deck, the less vibration as a general rule. I always look at the location of the smokestack and try to avoid the cabins directly below that area.

Archived