A few words about KnowJamaica Tours

BoysandGirlsinAmerica

Browsing these forums, I've notived alot of people expressed interest in a couple specific destinations in Ocho Rios (Dunns River Falls, Tubing, etc...) I'd recomend if you want to SEE those sites that you book through your curise line. However, if you want to truely get the most out of your few precious hours in Ocho Rios I highly recomend Marva and her son Javia.

My girlfriend and I went on the Dunns Falls, Tubing, Raggae Beach tour with Marva last week. We were met promptly at the peir by Marva who took the time to introduce everyone in our group (there were only 8 of us) before taking us to meet our driver for the day, her son Javia. Both, were extremely polite and very acomodating.

I could really go on and on about how much I enjoyed the tour, but Ill stick to a few highlights that really stuck out with me and made the tour so enjoyable.

- Marva and Javia had a really great eye for detail. For example when she asked our group who had tried sugar cane, and only a few indicated they had, she promptly pulled into a roadside produce stand and got our group sugar cane.

- Marva and Javia knew the best times to get us to our destinations. At Dunns we had one other group climbing the Falls. Once we went tubing, I did not see another tour group until we finished our tour.

- Stoping for authentic jerk chicken and pork was a very nice and very affordable treat.

- Marva and J were also extremely flexible. One of the couples mid tour decided they would rather do a little shopping then go to Reggae beach (which was gorgeous). So after dropping the beachgoers off, she took them to shopping areas and offered them suggestions based on what they were shopping for (the better market places, resturants, etc...)

- Above all, I got a sense that Marva and Javia really, truely love their country and enjoy sharing it with people. On the way back to either the pier or shopping (again we had the choice) Javia spoke briefly about how much our buisness meant not only to them, but to everyone we experience that day, from the tour guides, to the kitchen workers where we had lunch. While in some situations this could have come off as lip service, the sincerity and conviction Javia had really left a great positive impact on both my girlfriend and I.

In closing, I know alot of Marva and J's buisness comes from this site, and they had asked us on the tour that if we sinceley enjoyed the tour to let other cruisers know. I can honestly say Marva and J made Jamaica our favorite port of call. I would highly recomend them and will most definatly book them for a private tour if (hopefully when) we ever return to Ocho Rios.

Archived