Need moderate price hotel

Anybody have any recommendations for a hotel room in Vancouver near the pier areas for a moderate price? We are arriving a day early for our NB cruise on the Carnival Spirit so would like to be convient to some sights, but want to spend less than $200 a night...Major requirements...clean and safe....Can it be done ???

Yes, it can be done.

If you're willing to try Priceline or Hotwire, you can get 4* hotels for under $200 during cruise ship season. Almost any 4* in "downtown" Vancouver will be suitable for your purposes.

Otherwise, I'd suggest the YWCA Hotel (<--click to view website). Their rates are very reasonable and from all reports, the rooms are nice, clean and safe.

If you are going to be there in September I see several people are getting rooms at the Hyatt Regency and the Westin Grande in the $115 to $125 range by using the Name Your Own Price feature on Priceline.com . If you go to www.betterbidding.com they give a lot of advice and instruction for bidding on Priceline. You would need to specify a 4 star in Downtown Vancouver. I think you can definitely get a nice room for well under $200.

Try the Hampton Inn @ 111 Robson Street. We stayed there in 2003 and it was a brand new hotel. Very near the cruise port. You also get free breakfast. I just checked the hilton honors site and if you have AAA or AARP the rate is $179CAD per night for that Hampton Inn.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

I second Jamiski's recommendation of the days inn... it's in an amazing location just a block from the Canada Place... not a sketchy area at all. The Listel & Le Soleil, both downtown boutique hotels with some good specials from time to time... are very popular with business colleagues.

Archived