Paper Piecing

DisneyScrapper

I hope this link works:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lifeboat-Drill-Muster-Station-Scrapbook-Piece-Ginas_W0QQitemZ270114809641QQihZ017QQcategoryZ11792QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I discovered this e-bay seller when I was doing my DisneyWorld scrapbook last year, and purchased lots of items from her. They are all quality pieces.

If the link doesn't work, try this:

http://www.ebay.com

click on crafts

click on scrapbooking

enter Gina in the search field

In her store, click on 'cruise' in the 'store categories' window on the left; that's where I found this item.

You can probably do a search on item 270114809641 too.

Hope this helps!

T

Oh stop, it wouldn't look dumb at all. It's just finding the right paper and pieces, that's it. You would be hooked if you tried it :) My Mom even asks me for pieces of mine and just puts them right in a photo album, she doesn't even do scrapbooking. I'm so bummed, I'm looking at our last cruise photos right now and missing it so badly. I'm one of those people that just keeps thinking, "what were we doing 4 weeks ago at this time" and then I just slump on the couch and dream I was back on the cruise :)

Talk to you later

G

Funny you should ask, I'm thinking about going Global :) You would be my first Australian :) I'm going to do some more cruise pieces today I think, well if the creative bug hits me. Even though our cruise was 4 weeks ago, I'm still in that mode. I'm moving at a glaciel pace these days with filling orders. Well at least we've got the Navigator to go on in January ;0)

• 2 weeks later...

Good to hear from you.

I'm always happy to refer good e-bay sellers and those who produce quality work at affordable prices.

You wouldn't know this, but everyone marvels at your handiwork in my DisneyWorld scrapbook.

How are things with the copycats out there?

Continued good luck, and 'going global'.

T

Please don't let the fear of your scrapbooks 'looking dumb' stop you from giving it a try. It really is addictive.

If there are any craft/hobby stores in your area, check to see if they have classes. Classes are a great way to learn the basics (what kinds of materials and tools to buy) and to learn techniques that you can apply to your layouts down the road.

When I see how much I've progressed over the years (my first scrapbook is nothing but photographs and stickers, as I hadn't taken any classes and there wasn't a lot out there in terms of embellishments), it's astounding.

There really is no right or wrong way to scrapbook. Just let your creative juices flow, and if you get 'cropper's block', look on the internet for completed layouts that are posted, and get some inspiration that way.

I will be the first one to admit that I've done that. I've even purchased completed layouts from sellers on e-bay when I wanted to finish up a book and had run out of steam.

If you can, borrow tools from friends when you're starting out. They can be expensive, and if you decide that cropping is not right for you, you won't have invested much $$.

T

Archived