How do I book the Stingray Excursion

madaamt

My family and I will be using Nativeway Tours for the 1st time. The person's name is Sharon. I used Capt Bryan's buccaneer last time and although we had a blast, they pushed the time over an hour late getting back and I was uncomfortable with that. Might just have been a one time thing for them, but all else was fabulous. You can do a search and find varous excursions that go to stingray city. Good luck!

This will be my family's first trip to Cayman. We want to do the stingray sandbar but, I don't know who to contact or what company to use. Any suggestions.

We were just in Grand Cayman last week (Aug. 30th) and used Captain Bryan's. We booked through Island Marketing.

They first took us to Stingray City Sandbar where we, along with probably about another 100+ people from various tour boats, swam with the stingrays. The crew provided the opportunity to all of us to hold, "kiss", and have photos taken with the stingrays.

All of the snorkel gear is supplied which is great. You don't have to lug around snorkel gear unless you just want to. The crew is also great about giving snorkeling instruction and tips to those that need it.

They took care to be sure that the snorkel equipment was clean. They checked it before issuing it to us and we all had to place our used equipment into a sanitizing solution barrel as we returned to the dock at the end of the tour.

You're only allowed to wear the vest, mask and snorkel around the rays, no fins. Not a big deal in our opinion as the water was maybe 4 feet deep there anyway.

Next they took us to the barrier reef and then to the coral gardens as the true snorkeling stops. Both of those stops provided great visibility for viewing coral formations and the colorful fish. I think we had about 15-20 minutes at each of these stops to snorkel on our own.

There wasn't enough wind the day we were there to allow for sailing, but the crew tried. It ended up we motored to all of the stops. It was still a great tour though.

Here are some links to the information.

Inland Marketing - Buccaneer Stingray City Sandbar Excursion

http://www.grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/Stingray_City_Buccaneer_Catamaran.htm

Captain Bryan's

http://www.cayman.org/captainbryan

We paid $39 per person, 20% of which was payable by a credit card deposit. The balance was due in cash as we arrived at the Captain Bryan's office to take the bus ride out to the dock. We were impressed with the tour, so we tipped $15.

Another one to check out is MobyDickTours in G Cayman. I cannot personally rec. them, but the website looked good, they have a limited amount of pp on the boat, and no money upfront. They also quickly answ. my email/confirmed reservation, and will pick us up at pier at 8:30 a.m. I found reference (good) about them on the boards and checked out their website. Just another one for you to look at.

Safe travels.

You are welcome. Thought to consider....while at stingray city, you will know the boats with the people who booked through carnival...there are so many people on board the outside riders have one leg out of the boat:cool: to be able to fit more people on there.......

We were just in Grand Cayman last week (Aug. 30th) and used Captain Bryan's. We booked through Island Marketing.

They first took us to Stingray City Sandbar where we, along with probably about another 100+ people from various tour boats, swam with the stingrays. The crew provided the opportunity to all of us to hold, "kiss", and have photos taken with the stingrays.

All of the snorkel gear is supplied which is great. You don't have to lug around snorkel gear unless you just want to. The crew is also great about giving snorkeling instruction and tips to those that need it.

They took care to be sure that the snorkel equipment was clean. They checked it before issuing it to us and we all had to place our used equipment into a sanitizing solution barrel as we returned to the dock at the end of the tour.

You're only allowed to wear the vest, mask and snorkel around the rays, no fins. Not a big deal in our opinion as the water was maybe 4 feet deep there anyway.

Next they took us to the barrier reef and then to the coral gardens as the true snorkeling stops. Both of those stops provided great visibility for viewing coral formations and the colorful fish. I think we had about 15-20 minutes at each of these stops to snorkel on our own.

There wasn't enough wind the day we were there to allow for sailing, but the crew tried. It ended up we motored to all of the stops. It was still a great tour though.

Here are some links to the information.

Inland Marketing - Buccaneer Stingray City Sandbar Excursion

http://www.grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/Stingray_City_Buccaneer_Catamaran.htm

Captain Bryan's

http://www.cayman.org/captainbryan

We paid $39 per person, 20% of which was payable by a credit card deposit. The balance was due in cash as we arrived at the Captain Bryan's office to take the bus ride out to the dock. We were impressed with the tour, so we tipped $15.

This sounds good. However, I am seriously considering booking directly through Celebrity. There's is $45 each and the times (from ship) are 8:45am to 11:15 (2.5 hours). This way we woould be the first off of the ship and have time to do something else in the afternoon. No problem with private but last I we did a "group" (in Alaska) we had to wait in Haines close to an hour while the operater waited for the family coming by ferry from Skagway. The tours seem to start really early in which case we may not make it off the ship, or later at 10:00am in which case it takes up the whole day. I'm still not sure who to use at this point.

Jade13 I hadn't even thought about waiting for a tender to get off the ship. I have never been to grand cayman so that wasn't even a thought. Maybe I should check to see how much carnival offers this excursion for. I can't imagine them being as inexpensive for 5 people but, I will surely check. Thanks

Jade13 I hadn't even thought about waiting for a tender to get off the ship. I have never been to grand cayman so that wasn't even a thought. Maybe I should check to see how much carnival offers this excursion for. I can't imagine them being as inexpensive for 5 people but, I will surely check. Thanks

Let me know what you find out.

Those with private tours go last, and those not in a Suite go really last.

What is the link to the company you plan to use?

My family and I will be using Nativeway Tours for the 1st time. The person's name is Sharon. I used Capt Bryan's buccaneer last time and although we had a blast, they pushed the time over an hour late getting back and I was uncomfortable with that. Might just have been a one time thing for them, but all else was fabulous. You can do a search and find varous excursions that go to stingray city. Good luck!

How far is stingray city from where the ships tenders land?

Also, do you have any ideahow far the botanical garden is? I heard 45 minutes drive?

We booked Captain Marvin www.captainmarvin.com because his morning tour left 1/2 hour before anyone else. Hearing that Stingray City can get really crowded we thought this would be good. It was. Afterwards they will drop you off anywhere along the way back to town. We went to Seagrape Beach (Calico Jack's) - very crowded and water was cloudy. Next time I'd head to Royal Palms. Anyway, Captain Marvin worked out great for us and would definitely use him again.

Interesting tidbit - Capt. Marvin is the founder of Stingray City :)

We booked Captain Marvin www.captainmarvin.com because his morning tour left 1/2 hour before anyone else. Hearing that Stingray City can get really crowded we thought this would be good. It was. Afterwards they will drop you off anywhere along the way back to town. We went to Seagrape Beach (Calico Jack's) - very crowded and water was cloudy. Next time I'd head to Royal Palms. Anyway, Captain Marvin worked out great for us and would definitely use him again.

How many people did they take? What time was early? And, was everyone from your same ship?

First time cruiser here. I'm confused others mentioned cruisers doing private tours instead of through the cruise company would be last off the ship, but it seems like this private tour worked out really well for you and you somehow left early. I like the idea of a private tour if its less crowded, but on the other hand I don't want to wait around longer to get off the ship.

We used Captain Marvins in 2004. Turned out that were only 8 of us. We were the only couple on a cruise ship, every one else was staying on the island. We also used Captain Marvins to go to Hell and also the Turtle Farm.

The DVD from our time at Sting Ray City is sure nice to watch on a cole winter night! I would most definitely use Captain Marvin in the future.

This link brings you to some South Dakota tour. You need to type in http://www.captainmarvins.com (with the s)

First time cruiser here. I'm confused others mentioned cruisers doing private tours instead of through the cruise company would be last off the ship, but it seems like this private tour worked out really well for you and you somehow left early. I like the idea of a private tour if its less crowded, but on the other hand I don't want to wait around longer to get off the ship.

I just got off the COnquest on Sunday, I had heard that private tour people would get the later tenders but that wasn't the case. We were on the first tender with the Carnival tour people. The tenders hold ALOT of people. You won't have a problem....

Archived