Need help. Which International Converter do I use?

Good evening all.

I just bought an International Converter Set for the Electrical Outlets on Liberty so that I can use any electrical devices that I may have. My question is which converter do I use? I have 5 Converters and they are as follows:

1. Great Britain, Ireland, Africa, Hong Kong and Singapore
  2. S. Europe,Africa, Middle East and Asia
  3. Northern Europe
  4. Australia,China,Fiji and New Zealand
  5. N. & S. America, Japan and Caribbean

I am assuming that since Liberty will be sailing on Caribbean waters that the I would use #5 but I was wondering if there is anyone that has used the converters which converter did they use? Thanks for your help!

Good evening all.

I just bought an International Converter Set for the Electrical Outlets on Liberty so that I can use any electrical devices that I may have.

I'm confused...if you live in Lindenhurst, I'm assuming your electrical devices have US plugs (I'm in South Huntington, and I know mine do!). The ship has US outlets, so you don't need a converter at all. You may want to bring a power strip or squid so you can plug in more than one thing at a time, but you won't need to convert one plug to another...

~ Peri

When sailing on any of the RCCL ships (Caribbean or Europe).- we have never had to use any type of converter. The ship's electrical system takes all types of electronic charging devices. Just plug in as you would in your home here in the States, whether it be a camera or cell phone charger, etc.

Hopes this helps

I'm confused...if you live in Lindenhurst, I'm assuming your electrical devices have US plugs (I'm in South Huntington, and I know mine do!). The ship has US outlets, so you don't need a converter at all. You may want to bring a power strip or squid so you can plug in more than one thing at a time, but you won't need to convert one plug to another...

~ Peri

Thanks for your quick response!

I bought it because while I was on Freedom I plugged something in and it did not work at all, when I arrived home I plugged it in and it worked just fine so I thought it had to be because of that.

South Huntington, really close to me. Nice to see another Long Islander post here.

Good evening all.

I just bought an International Converter Set for the Electrical Outlets on Liberty so that I can use any electrical devices that I may have. My question is which converter do I use? I have 5 Converters and they are as follows:

1. Great Britain, Ireland, Africa, Hong Kong and Singapore
  2. S. Europe,Africa, Middle East and Asia
  3. Northern Europe
  4. Australia,China,Fiji and New Zealand
  5. N. & S. America, Japan and Caribbean

I am assuming that since Liberty will be sailing on Caribbean waters that the I would use #5 but I was wondering if there is anyone that has used the converters which converter did they use? Thanks for your help!

The only time you would need a converter is if you needed electric while ashore in another country. The ship uses standard plugs just like your home has.

When sailing on any of the RCCL ships (Caribbean or Europe).- we have never had to use any type of converter. The ship's electrical system takes all types of electronic charging devices. Just plug in as you would in your home here in the States, whether it be a camera or cell phone charger, etc.

Hopes this helps

Thanks!

I am going to plug whatever I have to use as I do here and if I run into the same problem I had last year I will try the converters.

I kind of feel dumb now for buying the stupid thing but last year I really did have such a problem with what ever I tried using.

I appreciate all of your quick responses.

The only time you would need a converter is if you needed electric while ashore in another country. The ship uses standard plugs just like your home has.

Thanks Dockman........... Hmmmmm............. I don't feel to smart right now.:p

I better not say a word about this to my wife............... she would have a field day with this brilliant move.:o

Thanks Dockman........... Hmmmmm............. I don't feel to smart right now.:p

I better not say a word about this to my wife............... she would have a field day with this brilliant move.:o

You are among friends here, we would never say anything to your wife about this.

BTW what is your mailing address, I have a note for your wife abouy this guy who bought a electrical converter. Im sorry I did not mean to say that

If you were using a device sold in the US that plugs into outlets in the US, and plugged it into an outlet on the ship like the outlets you have at home and it did not work - there was either something wrong with the outlet or it was one of those outlets that can be switched on and off. The outlets in different countries are sooo different, your US plug wouldn't even fit into one.

That said, ships are usually built with both US/N. American outlets and european outlets... all you would ever have to do is match the converter plugs to the one they would fit into if you wanted to use an outlet for another country.

The suggestion to bring a power strip or multiple outlet extension cord is good one.

But they are useful if you travel to another country (NOT on a cruise). I've used my kit a lot, in places ranging from England to Israel.

If you were using a device sold in the US that plugs into outlets in the US, and plugged it into an outlet on the ship like the outlets you have at home and it did not work - there was either something wrong with the outlet or it was one of those outlets that can be switched on and off. The outlets in different countries are sooo different, your US plug wouldn't even fit into one.

That said, ships are usually built with both US/N. American outlets and european outlets... all you would ever have to do is match the converter plugs to the one they would fit into if you wanted to use an outlet for another country.

The suggestion to bring a power strip or multiple outlet extension cord is good one.

Be careful if you plug into the round european outlet with your adapter. They put out 240V and whatever you're plugging in may not be able to drop the voltage down to 110v

Into the void - trying to figure out your problem on the Freedom. Where did you try to plug in the appliance and what was it?

It was an electric razor and I tried plugging it into the jack by where my wife would sit and get her self ready ( right under the mirror I believe ).

You are among friends here, we would never say anything to your wife about this.

BTW what is your mailing address, I have a note for your wife abouy this guy who bought a electrical converter. Im sorry I did not mean to say that

LOL!!!!!! That is too funny!!!!!

Oh by the way guys, my name is Nelson and I looooooooooooooove cruising. I think it would be better for you guys to call me by my real name instead of into the void.............. although that is where my brain goes sometimes.:eek:

Nelson - If you look around the mirror in the bathroom, there's a plug that says for razors only. I've never used it as I've had a beard for 30+ years.

So, that might be the problem if the electric razors only work in that plug for some reason.

It was good advice to take along a surge protector. It can also be used as an extension cord.

my email is firstparty@tampabay.rr.com

If you guys want to meet for lunch someday, email me.

Nelson - If you look around the mirror in the bathroom, there's a plug that says for razors only. I've never used it as I've had a beard for 30+ years.

So, that might be the problem if the electric razors only work in that plug for some reason.

It was good advice to take along a surge protector. It can also be used as an extension cord.

my email is firstparty@tampabay.rr.com

If you guys want to meet for lunch someday, email me.

I never noticed that!:o

Paul, I won't be in the Spring Hills area until Thanksgiving but I will definitely keep in touch until then. Thanks!!!!

That is definitely a good idea about the surge protector.

Archived