Singapore

cruzisme

we will be in Singapore early November.

any hints as to what are 'must do's' in this city?

how did you cope with the high humidity?

we are staying at the Carlton (not the Ritz Carlton) anyone else stay there in the past?

any comments will be helpful!

you must try this just opened

www.singaporeflyer.com

The hotels available now for the SIA stopover have opened up other options.

1 The Oriental Mandarin

2 the Shangri-la Hotel

3 The Fairmount Hotel

4 Ritz Carlton .

The cost for these is £240 for the 2 nights and this is £46 more than the D listed hotels. Are they worth the difference? Which of these would you recommend?

Sue

Shangi La :)

could you pls. explain where/what this is? are they food courts like in our malls?

did you use Singapore $$$ or US dollars?

thanks

the food courts are mainly in the basement of shopping centres simalar to our malls but far more intense very busy first get a table you purchase different types of food from diferent stalls service is very quick. go to le pa sat for dinner a taxi will take you there.satays great sea food and good beer service chilli mussels.great satays.very few singaporeans eat at home hence food courts every where. its all in sing dollars. if i was going to s/pore i would take cash there are money changes on most corners great rates.the only exspensive item is alcohol.so take your duty free buy this in changi a/port on way in, very cheap. no ciggarets allowed in s/pore.don,t spit don,t litter don,t chew gum.be careful where you smoke. they still use the rattan cane. don,t do drugs or take into s/pore they will hang you. this is why the crime rate is low.singaporeans have a very high standard of living. i will be in s/pore for my 15th time as i go to europe for my cruise. enjoy .

p.s try the curry puffs at the small bakeries

• 1 month later...

Archived