NCL and bus transport to Quincy Market/Historic area?

LakelandCat

Does anyone know if NCL offers a bus to drop you off/pick you back up from Quincy Market or the Historic areas? From a previous poster (thank you!) I read Princess offered one to get you downtown for a nominal feea and on previous Celebrity cruises we have taken they would do the same at some ports. I don't want to take a cab (will have a baby with me and no car seat). Thanks for any info. Will also post on the NCL board but thought I'd have more luck here at the ports board!

Not sure about the answer but did want to point you over to postings here regarding getting around Boston. There are some great pointers on using the Silver Line to get downtown. Boston is a small city and easy to navigate around. Seatbelts for children are mandatory and you might be able to make arrangements ahead of time with one of the taxi companies to have a car seat ready for you. The taxis are heavily regulated by the City of Boston so I wouldn't be surprised if some of them had the seats readily available to be put to use.

:) We went to Boston with NCL last October and yes they do provide shuttle bus to quincy market. I think we paid $18 each for the return trip. Boston was fab, we walked a bit of the freedom trail, then went to the original cheers for lunch then a quick trip to Filenes basement! Walked around the common and weather was lovely. Have a good time!:)

:) then a quick trip to Filenes basement! /QUOTE]

The original Basement closed this week until 2009 while they renovate the building it occupied. I don't think the new one will have quite the "charm" of the original but they call it progress :(

Thank you for your help. Does the NCL bus run all day basically picking up passengers at a designated stop ay Quincy Market and back to the ship? I will try to call NCL Shore Excursion Line and ask but sometimes the reps don't know answers to particulars like this and we have to wait until we are on the ship to find out- which was fine "pre-baby-cruising days!"

Archived