Miami LaQuinta

like-to-cruise

I have 2 rooms reserved at the La Quinta Miami Airport East for the night before our cruise in March.. they do have free airport shuttle and I have been told they have free port transportation as well but just to the port.

some have said they don't have port transportation (I was told they did) so I won't guarantee it though and i've heard it isn't reliable so you still might need to take a taxi or shuttle to the port if they are slow on the day you need it or all the times have been taken.

We stayed at the LaQuinta east near miami airport in May for just one night before our cruise.

They had shuttles from both airport and port of miami, although you had to sign up for the port shuttle, so try to do that at check in.

I was impressed because their airport shuttle stops running at 11pm, and even though our flight landed at 10:30, there were issues getting the luggage to the right luggage belt, and I thought we were going to miss the last shuttle.

I called the hotel, and they told me to get receipts for a taxi if we missed the last shuttle, and they would deduct it from our room bill. Very nice, but I'm happy to say we did make the last shuttle.

And since there are several Laqunitas in the area, make sure you ask when you board to confirm you're heading where you reserved.

hope this helps and happy sailing

Wendy

I have 2 rooms reserved at the La Quinta Miami Airport East for the night before our cruise in March.. they do have free airport shuttle and I have been told they have free port transportation as well but just to the port.

some have said they don't have port transportation (I was told they did) so I won't guarantee it though and i've heard it isn't reliable so you still might need to take a taxi or shuttle to the port if they are slow on the day you need it or all the times have been taken.

Hey jwlnroe, we will be in two rooms on 3/14 also. We are driving down from NJ and hope to arrive by about 3:00pm on Friday. We are going on Carnival Freedom. We'll have to party that night. lol. Maybe we can share the shuttle. We are six people. How many are you.

I'm in the La Quinta as I type. Nice hotel and as we checked in Nora (I must say one of the friendliest agent's I've ever met) asked if we needed the shuttle to the port and that it left at 11:00 am. She issues a ticket for the shuttle. They DO NOT pick you up on the ships return. You will need to get a taxi back to the hotel (she said $30) if you're leaving your car. They will keep your car for free for 14 days. Taxi back is still cheaper than parking at the port.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise.

bigbrat,

I noticed that you are at the la Quinta right now and are logged in - could you please tell us what there is around the hotel? Can you walk to a grocery store etc. for water and such? How about the restaurant situation? Thanks. :)

Bigbrat,

I'm sure you're off on your cruise - and hopefully having a wonderful time! When you return, and when you have time, you could be so kind as to let me know what is in the area of the La Quinta? Local restaurants and such ... and, did you feel you were in a safe area? How did the shuttle service work out?

My family and I are reserved there for 1 night, just before our cruise. If you could pass along any information, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hey jwlnroe, we will be in two rooms on 3/14 also. We are driving down from NJ and hope to arrive by about 3:00pm on Friday. We are going on Carnival Freedom. We'll have to party that night. lol. Maybe we can share the shuttle. We are six people. How many are you.

We will have 6 people as well. . getting into florida probably around noonish or shortly after. Since we will get there first I can ask how many can fit on their shuttle and stuff and if we get on the sign up sheet first I can put you guys on there as well . . we will probably want to get to the port around 11ish or so. . we will be going on the Triumph. Let me know how that sounds.

We will have 6 people as well. . getting into florida probably around noonish or shortly after. Since we will get there first I can ask how many can fit on their shuttle and stuff and if we get on the sign up sheet first I can put you guys on there as well . . we will probably want to get to the port around 11ish or so. . we will be going on the Triumph. Let me know how that sounds.

Sounds great. Hopefully it's a shuttle that holds at least 15 people since we would be 12. We are driving so barring no bad weather or traffic problems we could arrive sooner than 3 pm. Just depends on who's behind the wheel. Keep in touch.

PS. our group is myself (51), husband 53, daughter 24, daughter 19, and their boyfriends 19 and 20.

Sounds great. Hopefully it's a shuttle that holds at least 15 people since we would be 12. We are driving so barring no bad weather or traffic problems we could arrive sooner than 3 pm. Just depends on who's behind the wheel. Keep in touch.

PS. our group is myself (51), husband 53, daughter 24, daughter 19, and their boyfriends 19 and 20.

ok cool. . i think the big shuttles should fit atleast that many all depends but we can definelty ask once we check in at the hotel. . our ages range from my parents in their mid 50's, and then the rest of us will range from 27 myself, my husband will be 29 and my sister and her husband will be 29 and 30 . . i'm so excited I wish it was March!!!! :p what itinerary are you guys cruising on? as far as ports you stop at? are you going western or eastern?

p.s liked your triumph pictures! gets me even more excited about our trip.

... what there is around the hotel? Can you walk to a grocery store etc. for water and such? How about the restaurant situation? Thanks. :)

There's not much around the hotel to walk to, Bennigans Restaurant and the Embassy Suites hotel. :o

ok cool. . i think the big shuttles should fit atleast that many all depends but we can definelty ask once we check in at the hotel. . our ages range from my parents in their mid 50's, and then the rest of us will range from 27 myself, my husband will be 29 and my sister and her husband will be 29 and 30 . . i'm so excited I wish it was March!!!! :p what itinerary are you guys cruising on? as far as ports you stop at? are you going western or eastern?

p.s liked your triumph pictures! gets me even more excited about our trip.

I know what you mean, I can't wait either. We are going western hitting Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. How about you?

glad you liked the pics. I always love looking at other's photos. I also check out You Tube videos too. Some are a riot.

I know what you mean, I can't wait either. We are going western hitting Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. How about you?

glad you liked the pics. I always love looking at other's photos. I also check out You Tube videos too. Some are a riot.

ok you will love those ports.. went to those on the imagination back in 95. . yeah i check out youtube too. . LOL aren't we nuts! I'm just too excited already. :p

Archived