Past Guest

uva1981

Hello everyone! Question for all who have dealt with "past guest" promotions and/or incentives. About 8 months ago I booked a cruise on Freedom leaving next week. As a past guest I noted my past guest number on the booking docs. For the last several weeks I have had multiple conversations with Carnival about this and I have been advised that since the sailing is sold out there are no incentives or other promotions available. Does this sound right? I thought even some shipboard credit would be appropriate. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.:)

Hello everyone! Question for all who have dealt with "past guest" promotions and/or incentives. About 8 months ago I booked a cruise on Freedom leaving next week. As a past guest I noted my past guest number on the booking docs. For the last several weeks I have had multiple conversations with Carnival about this and I have been advised that since the sailing is sold out there are no incentives or other promotions available. Does this sound right? I thought even some shipboard credit would be appropriate. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.:)

That doesn't sound right. How can incentives sell out or become unavailable?

Past guest promos, just like any other promotion, are capacity controlled and can close out at any time.

If a sailing is sold out, there are no promotions available because there is no availability.

Hope this helps :)

More than half to three quarters of the people are past guest's so it means little.More than half of those are Gold members and a handfull are Platinum. On my last cruise,there were 17 of us who had Platinum.Seems a little low though.

Not every ship or sailing has a past guest promo... and as mentioned, they are capacity controlled. Yes, it sounds right, they aren't going to give incentives and promos if they aren't having trouble filling the ship, they usually offer them some time out, to get the ship filling.

Archived