Are we gonna have time to do the baths on our own?

Rather-B-Cruzin

We'll be in Tortola from 7:00 to 2:00 on a Friday. Will that give us enough time to do the baths on our own using Speedy? I believe they leave Tortola at 9:00 and then leave the baths at 12:30. Will that give us enough time to make it back to the ship safely? What time will we need to leave the baths to make it to the 12:30 ferry going back to Tortola? Are my times (7-2) local times or are they the ship's time?

If we're pushing it, then we'll probably go snorkeling at Brewer's Bay instead. We're a family of 4, so it's hard to justify the ship's excursion cost of $75-$80pp, when we could do it on our own for $25pp.

We love to snorkel, but we'd love to see the baths as well, but we only have time for one. For anyone that has done both the Baths and Brewers, which one should we do?

We'll be in Tortola from 7:00 to 2:00 on a Friday. Will that give us enough time to do the baths on our own using Speedy? I believe they leave Tortola at 9:00 and then leave the baths at 12:30. Will that give us enough time to make it back to the ship safely? What time will we need to leave the baths to make it to the 12:30 ferry going back to Tortola? Are my times (7-2) local times or are they the ship's time?

If we're pushing it, then we'll probably go snorkeling at Brewer's Bay instead. We're a family of 4, so it's hard to justify the ship's excursion cost of $75-$80pp, when we could do it on our own for $25pp.

We love to snorkel, but we'd love to see the baths as well, but we only have time for one. For anyone that has done both the Baths and Brewers, which one should we do?

Because of the short time frame involved in most Tortola visits, and because of the multiple modes of transportation (sometimes a taxi from pier to ferry terminal; Ferry to Virgin Gorda; taxi from ferry terminal to Baths, and back again), unless money is a real concern, I'd always advise someone to take the ship's excursion to VG -- you do not want to watch that ship pull away just as you are arriving back to the port. But if you choose to, the taxi trip from the Baths back to the ferry took about 15 minutes, as I recall; I'd leave 30 minutes to be sure.

Also, the night before, we found out that because the Captain was trying to avoid a storm, he was requesting that everyone be back on the ship 30 minutes earlier than originally scheduled so we could sail off early. I'm not sure, but if we'd been relying on private ferry schedules, we might have been in a pickle.

Good luck and enjoy -- the Baths are beautiful.

I also recommend the Baths excursion through the ship. We sailed on the Miracle in June and there was a couple who did the Baths on their own and the ferry broke down. Good thing another one came rather quickly because otherwise they would have missed the ship. :eek:

The Baths are beautiful. Here are a few pics so you can see.

2074634110046899484S500x500Q85.jpg

2660191180046899484S500x500Q85.jpg

The view from the top of the Baths

2990729820046899484S500x500Q85.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived