Royal Family Suite on the Vision of the Seas

valbob55

• 1 year later...

I know this is a old thread, but i was wondering the same thing. My family and I are traveling on VOS October 26, 2008, and there aren't that many posts about these suites.

If anyone has stayed in one, please let us (me) know about your experience. I've never cruised before, so I'm really interested in all of these "suite perks"....I had no idea about them! I just liked the idea of a bigger cabin, and 2 bedrooms!

Thanks!!

We stayed in one of the Royal Family Suites on the Vision of the Seas in March, 2007. Vision is an older, smaller ship, but we had a great time and we found the service to be very good, a little more intimate than the Mega Ships. The RFS on the Vision is not nearly as nice as the RFS on the Jewel of the Seas (a newer ship) that we also stayed in, but it was nice to have the extra room and bathroom.

The Master bedroom has a balcony and regular type bath, but with an actual bathtub/shower, so much better than the"cabin" showers. The other bathroom was a regular "cabin" shower. The Master bedroom had its own vanity and TV and closet. The Living Room (good sized) had Floor to ceiling windows, television, bar area, sleeper sofa, chair, etc. The second bedroom was small with two single beds and two pullman beds that came out of the wall. The girls (my daughter and her two friends) slept like babies as when you shut the door it was dark and quiet. The hallway outside the 2nd bedroom had another vanity next to the 2nd bath. Great big walk-in closet with shelving located next to the 2nd bedroom. It really was almost the size of a tiny bedroom. Could easily hold all your clothes and luggage or would have worked great to hold a pack-n-play to put a baby or toddler to sleep. The Master bedroom was separated from the Living room and other bedroom area by sliding glass doors with heavy curtains for privacy. The balcony off the Master bedroom could also be accessed by a door from the Living Room so one could go out on the balcony without disturbing anyone in the Master Bedroom.

As far as the perks,they left us two bottles of champagne and on several days they left appetizers or treats. The Vision of the Seas did not have a concierage lounge so that wasn't available to suite guests.

Hope this helps.

ladylouwho,

Thank you sooo much! that was a fabulous review!! I knew that vision was an older ship, and wouldn't be as "plush" as the newer ships, we were just excited about the 2nd bedroom and bath. The "perks" are just a great bonus!

How many robe/slippers did you get?? My oldest boy loves running around in bathrobes. I think he would think it was "so cool" if he got one!

Thanks again for all your help!!

Nadine

we just went on an Alaskan cruise on Rhapsody...my wife's family stayed in this suite an really enjoyed it. It was a very spacious suite and as others have mentioned...possibly b/c there is no concierge lounge...the suite attendant was very quick with any additional amenities...I was actually quite surprised at the size of the suite for an older ship

Archived