Port of Miami to FLL airport

Brneyznfl

We have an 11:00 a.m. flt out of FLL . (yeah I know, we're slightly crazy) We'll have priority debarkation so we have our fingers crossed all will go well . We won't have to check luggage at the airport. So what do you think is the quickest way to get to the airport? Taxi? We thought about doing a private car service but just wondered how reliable they are about being there at the ship when you get off.

Thanks!

I will definitely report back :D . We're leaving next week. Our flight options were early evening or the 11:00 a.m. My friend is quite adventurous, I'm ..well not as much. lol

Several things we have going for us.

We can get priority debarkation

We're not checking luggage.

Boarding passes will already be printed.

We don't mind paying the taxi fare to get to FLL.

Ship gets back in on Monday, airport shouldn't be as crowded.

Of course none of that will matter if the ship gets back in late or debarkation is delayed. BUT we will be prepared! We'll have the flight numbers for later flights and hope for the best..lol

We hear it's about 30 min. to get to FLL from Miami port, does that sound about right?

Believe it or not, I made a 9:00 a.m. flt one time from Tampa, though I was cruising out of Tampa too! After that nerve wracking experience, I said I'd never do it again.

Never say never!

My mother and I once flew out of FLL after a cruise out of Miami, although we weren't as adventurous and flew out the next day! Anyways, after much angsting and research on our various transportation options, we ended up going with the ship's transfer - I believe it was $14 each, this was about 4 years ago on Norwegian so I'm not sure what it would cost now. Since we were travelling with all those leaving that day from FLL, we were the first off the ship, and although I can't remember exactly when we got to FLL, after waiting for our hotel's shuttle bus, I do remember we were in our hotel room by 10 am. So, although a tad adventurous, I do think you can make the flight...!

Use self-embarkation. That way you could get off the ship real early.

A taxi could take about 45 minutes to an hour. You would be getting off the ship at rush hour traffic in downtown Miami. The cab fare should be right around $70, depending on traffic. They are metered.

Good luck. I do think you just might make it..........if all goes as planned.

Linda

Use self-embarkation. That way you could get off the ship real early.

A taxi could take about 45 minutes to an hour. You would be getting off the ship at rush hour traffic in downtown Miami. The cab fare should be right around $70, depending on traffic. They are metered.

Good luck. I do think you just might make it..........if all goes as planned.

Linda

I meant to say self-disembarkation.

Thanks for the feedback. We'll definitely do self assist then. I'm thinking if all goes well with the ship getting back on time and no problems with delayed debarkation, we should be able to get to FLL in time. I'm thinking off the ship no later than 9:00 a.m at the very latest., one hour to FLL airport then one hour to get through security and on the plane.

My mother and I once flew out of FLL after a cruise out of Miami, although we weren't as adventurous and flew out the next day! Anyways, after much angsting and research on our various transportation options, we ended up going with the ship's transfer - I believe it was $14 each, this was about 4 years ago on Norwegian so I'm not sure what it would cost now. Since we were travelling with all those leaving that day from FLL, we were the first off the ship, and although I can't remember exactly when we got to FLL, after waiting for our hotel's shuttle bus, I do remember we were in our hotel room by 10 am. So, although a tad adventurous, I do think you can make the flight...!

We're doing the "fastest transport to Fort Lauderdale" quest ourselfs, our flight leaves 11:45, (it's on a Sunday, hopefully not too busy on the roads). The first thing we tried was the ships transfer, NCL told us they wouldn't allow us to use their transfer unless our flight was leaving after 1:30 p.m.!

Kim

We too have an 11:20 flight out of FLL, we have arranged for a limo to be picking us up at 8am so figuring an hour drive we should be there by 9. Plenty of time. We have friends traveling with us that can't handle their own luggage so no self disembark for us, but we are going to request first color tags off (usually before 7) so we should be fine....positive thinking!!

Bev

We too have an 11:20 flight out of FLL, we have arranged for a limo to be picking us up at 8am so figuring an hour drive we should be there by 9. Plenty of time. We have friends traveling with us that can't handle their own luggage so no self disembark for us, but we are going to request first color tags off (usually before 7) so we should be fine....positive thinking!!

Bev

What is the name of the limo service you're using?

• 2 weeks later...

To the doubters out there who said we might not be able to make an 11 a.m. flight getting from Miami port to FLL. Well we did it and with plenty of time to spare! However, it helped of course that the ship cleared at 7 a.m.! We self assisted and took off our luggage. We were in the taxi by 7:30 and at the FLL airport at 8:05! The traffic wasn't bad at all. However, the rush hour traffic coming into Miami was horrible at that hour. (just an observation) The taxi fare was 72.00. Was it worth it? Yes definitely for us. There were plenty of taxis and we had no problems at all.

To the doubters out there who said we might not be able to make an 11 a.m. flight getting from Miami port to FLL. Well we did it and with plenty of time to spare! However, it helped of course that the ship cleared at 7 a.m.! We self assisted and took off our luggage. We were in the taxi by 7:30 and at the FLL airport at 8:05! The traffic wasn't bad at all. However, the rush hour traffic coming into Miami was horrible at that hour. (just an observation) The taxi fare was 72.00. Was it worth it? Yes definitely for us. There were plenty of taxis and we had no problems at all.

That's great! Glad to hear you didn't have any problems. Our flight in January was leaving FLL 11:45, but was recently changed to 12:10 - first time that I'm glad that a flight take-off has been delayed!:rolleyes:

Kim.

11am flight out of FLL...grab the first cab you see and go.

To the doubters out there who said we might not be able to make an 11 a.m. flight getting from Miami port to FLL. Well we did it and with plenty of time to spare!

Never had a doubt, knew it would be a piece of cake. :cool:

Bequia,, I thought you might be saying we probably wouldn't make it. As in hope for the best and prepare for the worst. LOL :D I have to admit, I wouldn't try this on a longer cruise. Longer cruise means more luggage and that means no self assist. :D

Archived