Travel Insurance

KaraokeMusic

</STRONG>Has anyone on this board had experience with the HTH Travel Insurance Company? This company seems to have a very liberal Pre-Existing Medical Condition Waiver. According to their web site, a person can purchase a travel policy withing 24 hours of final payment and the waiver is good.

Thanks.

Dick

Yes -- we have used them and they are recommended by our travel agent.

I also knew two people that have cruised with us that had to submit a medical claim to HTH. One was multiple trip to the ship doctor. The second was an emergency surgery in a Canadian hospital. They could not talk enough about the great support they got from HTH. They even arranged limo transportation to the airport to get them back to the US.

In both cases claims were handled quickly.

We normally wait to almost final payment time to pay for our insurance.

Hebe,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. It is always nice to hear from someone who has actually used the product. Good information!

Gracecarmo,

I have narrowed my choice down to three plans - Celebrity, TravelEx and HTH. HTH is the most expensive, TravelEx is next and Celebrity the lowest cost. Celebrity does not offer a pre-existing medical waiver and that will probably rule them out. Both TravelEx and HTH offer this waiver however, TravelEx must be purchased within 21 days of cruise deposit where HTH does not have to be purchased until final payment is made. I will be talking with both companies this week and then decide which one to purchase.

Again, thank you both for your replies.

Dick

I also knew two people that have cruised with us that had to submit a medical claim to HTH. One was multiple trip to the ship doctor. The second was an emergency surgery in a Canadian hospital. They could not talk enough about the great support they got from HTH. They even arranged limo transportation to the airport to get them back to the US.

One nice thing about using HTH is that the plan is actually administered by CSA. CSA typically has about the best service in the business so you getting a nice extra benefit there.

</STRONG>Has anyone on this board had experience with the HTH Travel Insurance Company? This company seems to have a very liberal Pre-Existing Medical Condition Waiver. According to their web site, a person can purchase a travel policy withing 24 hours of final payment and the waiver is good.

Thanks.

Dick

Do you have the link? Thanks.

Do you know if they just pay a percentage, etc? We have insurance that pays out of the US at 70% after a $300 deductable (out of Network). I always wondered if a $70 etc visit to a ships doctor would be covered at 100% with either HTH or Celebritys plan which is administerd through Berkely?

Do you know if they just pay a percentage, etc? We have insurance that pays out of the US at 70% after a $300 deductable (out of Network). I always wondered if a $70 etc visit to a ships doctor would be covered at 100% with either HTH or Celebritys plan which is administerd through Berkely?

With a few exceptions travel insurance has no deductibles or co-payments for their medical coverages. For example, some of the Travel Guard plans now have a $50 deductible. Some of the Access America plans used to have a $50 desuctible but I believe they dropped that. HTH and Celebrity's plan do not have a deductible.

We have purchased HTH twice, but have not had a claim. As someone mentioned, they are essentially the same as CSA. If you telephone for information, you will contact the same office for both.

While they do seem a bit more expensive than, say, Travelguard, the advantage is that you don't need to buy insurance until your last cruise payment to have pre-existing conditions covered. Thus, you do not lose your insurance premium money if you cancel the cruise prior to the final payment.

Another factor I like is that you do not have to buy insurance for the total trip cost to have pre-existing conditions covered. I telephoned about this and also could not find anything in the policy written conditions which contradicted this. So I buy insurance for the major part of the trip cost, but not the total. I am under-insured for only the final month or so when cancellation costs the total cruise payment.

I am not sure if anyone else has posted this, but go to www.insuremytrip.com for cost comparisons. You can also buy your insurance there, apparently for the same cost as buying directly from the insurance company.

Bob :cool:

Archived