one night in Venice

RMAC66

Any suggestions on a hotel for one night in Venice? I am told you can have long journeys packing your luggage up and down narrow alleys and streets. I would like to avoid this as my lovely wife is not "The Amazing Race" kind of lady. We are looking for a medium priced room on the 9th of october.

Thank you

Ryan

I spent two wonderful nights after our cruise at the Westin Europa and Regina Hotel. It is located right on the Grand Canal and has its own dock. We did not have to touch our luggage from the time we got to the water taxi dock until we were in our room. It has a very good restaurant right on the G. Canal with wonderful views. It is just a short walk from San Marco Square.

We stayed at the Duodo Palace Hotel for two nights in April. It was a small local four-star (only some 35 rooms), had its front door right on a side canal (reachable by water taxi) and its back door facing an alley (a few minutes walk to San Marco). It charged 200 euros per night including taxes and breakfast, but it would (at least at that time) only accept a minimum of two nights stay. After taking such a long journey to Venice, we felt we should stay at least two days! I hope this helps.

Hotel Compiello or Hotel Paganelli on The Riva Sciavone. Just get off the alilaguna at San Marco and just over a bridge. In the 200 USD range.Not in the same league as Regina and Europa, but the price is much easier to take.

hotelcampiello.com

hotelpaganelli.com

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

:) HI, PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW THE VENICE HOTEL THING WORKS OUT. IT WAS A GREAT PLACE TO STAY AND I WOULD LIKE TO BRING THE WIFE ON THE SAME TRIP AND TRY OCEANIA ALSO SOME GREAT DEALS GOING ON RIGHT NOW.

PLEASE EMAIL AND LET ME KNOW HOW THE HOTEL WORKED OUT. WE HAVE A LOT OF LUGGAGE AND OF COURSE I BLAME MY WIFE BUT I LIKE TO LOOK NICE TOO:) SO I CAN'T COMPLAIN THAT MUCH SHE AND I BOTH SHARE THE BAGGAGE CONTEST.

LET ME KNOW,

USINFO2004@AOL.COM IF YOU GET A CHANCE SEND ME A NOTE

A lovely, superior hotel on the Grand Canal.

Agree with you cruzemaven!

Of course this is THE BEST hotel in Venice IMHO and certainly not "medium priced" as the poster asked... by any means.

Get a room with a balcony or at least a window overlooking the G. Canal by all means.. the gondoliers sing all evening and it's a bit of heaven

There is a Best Western - sounds silly I know to recommend one in Venice, but it is very near St. Marks Square and around corner from Gritti Palalce. While it is not on the G. Canal it's rooms face a canal that runs off the G. canal.... the Gondoliers "stand" ( for lack of better term) is right in front - so suppose transport would be very easy (in and out of hotel) and.. they have the cutest balcony rooms and what appears to be a very romantic restaurant with balcony tables. We didn't stay there, infact never even looked in but while wandering around Venice ( also known as shopping) we came across it and were pleasantly surprised that it looked so perfect..location and nice. And took picture of it to remember the name and promised next time to check it out further.

Here is from their website:

The Best Western Hotel "Ala" is located at a short walk from the Accademia Bridge and St. Mark's Square, overlooking the amazing S.Maria del Giglio Square; the Hotel has canal view rooms and direct access by taxi-boats and gondolas. All rooms, recently renovated in different styles (Classical, Baroque and typical Venetian) offer superior comforts.

We stated at the Hotel Ala in Venice in August when we were there and it was perfect. Very reasonable, great location and easy to get to with lots of luggage as the vaporetto stop is very close. I would certainly recommend it (the breakfast, which comes with the room was also excellent). We learned from a tour guide in Venice that the hotel is supposedly haunted with the ghost of a priest who was walled up in the hotel when it was a private residence. Seems he was entirely too friendly with the wife of the owner and was caught. Unfortunately we didn't see the ghost.

Archived