edoc - luggage tags

txn_crzn

i've been trying to search on this topic, but haven't found the answer to my question.

we did not receive a cruise book with luggage tags, only our edocs. i was wondering how sturdy those luggage tags actually are, since its just printed on regular paper. should i print them out on some cardstock or would it be ok to put clear tape over the tags? i just want to make sure the luggage tags stay attached.

TIA

We had no luggage tags at all for our PoAm cruise in June 2006. I had

read to bring stick-on address labels to which I added our cabin number so

had those ready when the porters came to get our luggage.

Only thing was the porters didn't wait for me to get the sticky labels on

our bags. They just grabbed them and put our cabin number on the

tags themselves! All our luggage made it to our cabin with no problem...

so don't sweat it!!! :)

I just printed e-doc tags then went to local wal-mart and picked up some self laminating sheets. Then used a hole punch to put a hole at the top. I plan to use the plastic zip ties to attach to my luggage. Easy and inexpensive. :)

Robin

I just printed e-doc tags then went to local wal-mart and picked up some self laminating sheets. Then used a hole punch to put a hole at the top. I plan to use the plastic zip ties to attach to my luggage. Easy and inexpensive. :)

Robin

But isn't free even better and less work?

Let the porters do the work for you...

:)

When I get Edocs, I print out the luggage tags, lay them flat and put wide clear tape over them, then turn them over and do the same, I then trim, punch a hole and use nylon ties to attach to bags. I have run into overzealous baggage handlers too many times and have to stop them so I can get tags and fill them out. That is not something I want to do when everything is so chaotic at the terminal. I actually enjoy making up my luggage tags, there is something about getting joy from little things that pertain to my cruise. I realize that some people don't feel like I do.

Archived