Lauderdale by the Sea

Linda/Ohio

About 8 years ago we unfortunately booked the Holiday Inn at L-B-T-S....sounds lovely doesn't it ???? I fixed the toilet....we put the suitcases up to the door...checked and re-checked the beds....need I say more.:eek:

If downtown/airport prices are too high, I'd head West to an area called "Plantation"...west end of Ft.laud.Really like it.

Sorry...can't comment on the reef...just past hotel experience.

Sharon

Whatever you do, don't book the " Captains Quarters" ! They are total ripoff artists.I sent them an email of when we were looking for a stay. We talked on phone to make reservations. It was in the email, and I stated on the phone that this was for a 04/22/07 stay.Booked it on 4/20/06. They booked me for 2006 instead of 2007, when I called after seeing the charge on my CC, they said it was my word against theirs, and ooops, they had deleted the email. Well thank God I had saved the email, and showed it to my CC company, and was given back my money they had taken. I guess that is why you never see anyone on these boards boasting about a stay in this area!

No money is not the issue. We wanted to take advantage of the snorkle trail. It would be easiest if we were actually in Lauderdale by The Sea. Walk out of the hotel and go to the beach and snorkel.

We have an opportunity to have 2 extra beach days--so we thought we should at least check this out.

Thanks for the input.

Archived