Princess- toddler sleeping arrangement

myraid

Hello- we are sailing with our 2 1/2 year old in December. He is currently in a crib (yes, I know we are pushing it, but it is a big crib and he is such a good sleeper, we figure why not?). Does anyone know if Princess uses PNPs or portable cribs? We have a mini-suite, so we could also turn the loveseat around and use that as a quasi-crib. Does anyone have any recent experience with toddlers sleeping arrangemets on Princess? I am also considering one of those toddler inflatable beds, but not sure if they are worth it or not.

Him sleeping with us is NOT an option! He is very restless and has never slept in the bed with us before!

I'm not overly worried- I know he will be exhausted and could probably sleep anywhere...I just want the little guy to be comfortable!

The love seat (the ship I sailed) did not turn around. most things on ship are secured to the floor. You can get a side rail on ship (ask ahead of time and it will be in your cabin) to use with the love seat. You can also have a mattress placed on the floor each night (it disappears in the day time---the child can nap with Mommy in the big bed). These are the 2 things we have done in the past. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for the suggestions! I think the loveseat does move, at least it did on the Star Princess when we went last year- we moved it to the other side of the room because it made more sense for the playpen placement.

We have just bought an Aerobed for kids. It it supposed to be great. It is inflatable and has higher sides to prevent falling out. So between that, the potential to turn the love seat around and a crib supplied by Princess if necessary, we should be okay!

As I always say...a sleepless night on a cruise is still better than a sleepless night at home!:)

We have usually done well travelling with sleeping bags that have an inflatable mattress built in. Our now-3 year old loves hers, and we started when she turned 2. Our older child still loves hers as well, and it makes it much easier wherever we travel -- hotel rooms, family visits, cruising.

If you bring something from home (PnP, aerobed, sleeping bag, etc), be sure to try it out a couple of times before getting on the ship. Little ones like familiarity.

Archived