Riedel glasses wine testing

Lilac

A couple of months ago someone posted an official announcement about

a new wine testing experience using the Riedel glasses.

How can I retrieve it? The dates on this forum go back for about one month only.

We have another couple joining us on Constellation Jan.07, 2008 and I wanted to impress them - they never sailed Celebrity before.

Thanks in Advance

Agatha

Wonder if this means the complimentary wine tasting for top level CC'rs is a thing of the past. Or will that be the plain old-fashioned tastings?

The complimentary wine tasting for captain's club was replaced a few years ago by the wine blending seminar (back in Nov 2005 they had a cabernet blending and in Nov 2006 they had a chardonay blending).

I don't think that they will use this as the replacement as the cost is a lot more due to receiving crystal stemware.

The complimentary wine tasting for captain's club was replaced a few years ago by the wine blending seminar (back in Nov 2005 they had a cabernet blending and in Nov 2006 they had a chardonay blending).

I don't think that they will use this as the replacement as the cost is a lot more due to receiving crystal stemware.

They had a CC wine tasting on our panama cruise March/April on Infinity. I don't remember but I think the wine might have all come from one vinter. X might have gotten the wine for free and saved a few bucks. But I don't honestly remember.

There was a chardonay blending but that was $10 or something open to everyone. Also a wine pairing.

I did the Riedel wine glass "workshop" as it is called on Galaxy last month (8/3 sailing). I was told it was the first one they did onboard. Not sure it was a CC only event (although I am an elite member) but clearly my invite was certainly prompted by my wife and mine's daily consumption of a bottle of wine at dinner and frequent chats with the head sommelier. Only about 30 people attended our workshop so I assume it was somewhat selective. Workshop, intended to sell Riedel wine glasses, was interesting in that it illustrated, perhaps with a bit of exaggeration, how different shaped glasses are better at maximizing the experience with different wines and how the wrong glass can really do injustice to certain wines. We used about five different glasses: pinot noir, cab, sauvignon blanc, chardonnay and maybe merlot. Workshop was interesting, but clearly Riedel is getting a bit carried away when we were informed they even make different shaped decanters for different wines! BTW, we also had the standard wine blending CC event as well.

Archived