Couples Ocho Rios or Couples Sans Souci

Graylar

We took a cab there last year from the dock. The ride was around 12 min or so if I remember correctly. We were quoted a price of $50.00 us. over the phone for a day pass - but when we arrived and told her we were cruise passengers she said it was $40.00! We had to be back at the ship by 3:00pm so we thought we would go as early as possible. We were off the ship by 7:45 and at the resort by 8:00. We got there early enough to enjoy there wonderful buffet breakfast -really unique! The drinks were of high quality ,lunch was buffet as well but you could also grab lighter fare on the beach[hamburgs,jerk chicken , etc.

They also had free glass bottom boat rides, snorkeling , hobbycats and kayaks. The resort itself if VERY romantic and has all kinds of hidden areas to explore {ask at the desk!}. We loved Couples and plan to go back for a longer visit. Hope you enjoy!:D

We took a cab there last year from the dock. The ride was around 12 min or so if I remember correctly. We were quoted a price of $50.00 us. over the phone for a day pass - but when we arrived and told her we were cruise passengers she said it was $40.00! We had to be back at the ship by 3:00pm so we thought we would go as early as possible. We were off the ship by 7:45 and at the resort by 8:00. We got there early enough to enjoy there wonderful buffet breakfast -really unique! The drinks were of high quality ,lunch was buffet as well but you could also grab lighter fare on the beach[hamburgs,jerk chicken , etc.

They also had free glass bottom boat rides, snorkeling , hobbycats and kayaks. The resort itself if VERY romantic and has all kinds of hidden areas to explore {ask at the desk!}. We loved Couples and plan to go back for a longer visit. Hope you enjoy!:D

We have looked into couples resort for the last 2 years and plan to go, I was looking into a cruise that goes there but could not find any info on one. So thanks for letting me know they have a day pass.. We are looking to travel there next year.

Thanks, ;)

I also did this last May while in Ocho Rios- We had a great time! I'm thinking about doing it again in Dec when we return since there's not much else to do.

The breakfast buffet was great, and it's open air right on the beach-- Great excursions to do if you don't care to sit on the beach- we did the gladd bottom boat b'f heading to the pool.

The front desk set up transportation for us and I think it was $20 each way- Pricey, but well worth it--

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
We tried to book Couples Ocho Rios and they said they would be closing for renovations. So we are interested in the Couples Sans Souci resort. Does anyone have any info. on them and how far they are from the port? Thanks for your help.

Couples San Souci is a few minutes closer to Ocho Rios than Couples Ocho Rios is. It is located in a very hilly area, so the resort has some steep walking. If you're looking for great au natural bathing, Couples Ocho Rios is hands down the better, however, it is closing for a major renovation so it's out of the question.

Here's a link to their website, which includes a breakdown of each resort, as well as a message board which is heavily trafficked (like Cruise Critic!). You can post your questions there and get all the info you need on Couples San Souci.

http://www.couples.com/

Archived