Splendour OTS-Royal Family Suite

dvg1027

My parents, (85 and 87) and my husband and I (52 and 65) are going to Italy in May 08 to visit family near Milan. We are planning on going on the Splendour OTS. My aunt will be going also, (she lives in Italy). She went with my parents once before and she shared a outside room with them.

After talking to our AAA agent, it is more economical to get a royal family suite. Here are my questions.

From what I have read there are two bedrooms, one for my parents and one for my husband and I. There is a sofabed/pullman in the living area and my aunt would sleep there. She is totally fine with that. My question is we had originally been looking at something similar but on another cruise line and it seems that there really wasn't much privacy more like a curtain between all the rooms. Are the two bedrooms are totally bedrooms, with doors and you can have your privacy?

We all get along very well but my husband and I are the "youngsters" of the group and we do want our privacy once we are in our room :-)

Also, with the age group involved do you think this would be a good cruise? My parents have been on many in the past but haven't been on a cruise in the past 7 years. My husband and I have been before also, just not in Europe. My aunt was on the one with my parents that I mentioned above.

With the ages of my parents and aunt not to be morbid or anything, my father thinks this might be the last time visiting his sister so I want to make sure everything is as perfect as possible.

One other thing do you usually get better pricing by going through RCCL direct? If I find a cheaper price on the Internet or with RCCL is there any reason that I would still go with a TA? Thanks for all your help everyone.

Archived