Really Nervous!! Please Help!!

cthompson

You'll be fine. We had an aft balcony on Miracle in 2005, and didn't feel any motion at all. As has been mentioned above, the threat of seasickness is overblown. You don't feel much on these big ships unless you're in a big storm, which doesn't happen too often.

Liv,

That was just wrong, lol. If I was a first time cruiser I'd be scared to death. FWIW OP, I don't think Carnival is going to put you in water like that, they'd sail around :D

As they should be scared...never know when the boat is going to hit an iceburg or when you might run into the perfect storm :eek: :p

To the OP:

You will love the Legend. We cruised on the Miracle last October and had an aft cabin ....all the way to the back, but it was an inside. We had no problems what so ever.

We had a Aft Side Balcony on the Spirit and the Pride and had no problems.

All of these are Spirit class ships like the Legend. We have cruised as far Aft as we could get on all of them....all without one single problem.

Have a great cruise!!!

a cat:confused: :confused:

i thought only squirrels were on the bridge when jess sails, LMAO:D

welcome back, jess!!!:D :p

Nope, no squirrels loose on the bridge this cruise.

Why thank you darlin. You missed me didn't you? :D

My husband and I have booked our first cruise on carnival Legend leaving 9-23-07, We booked a balcony guarantee and just found out we are going to be in room 8262 which is on the Panorama deck but the room is in the very rear of the ship. How bad is this? I very nervous about getting sea sick :confused:

If you are nervous grab a bottle of "Ginger Gravol". It is a good sea sickness remedy that is supposed to be a less drowsy version.

I get sea sick once in a while but a gravol does the trick.

Don't worry ~~ have a great cruise~~

Payd:)

So no collisions with piers?

Welcome back -- trust you had a good time?

Nope, no collisions. I still think they were training a female pilot that day. *ducking head*

And yes, I had a great time.

still laughin 'bout that squirrel:D

of course;)

did ya enforce the adult pool rules? give security a little break from doin their job?

I knew it. :D

Alas, the adult only pool is no more.But the adult only hot tubs were enforced. The F-deck was empty, and never saw it used, though the aft end of the sports deck was a bigger pain to get to, and was used every day. :confused: Go figure.

You will find that it is very easy from your cabin to the buffet

Which will be a big plus if you are seasick;) . I tend to be somewhat prone to seasickness, but have not had any problems with cabins at the rear of the ship. I have experienced more up and down movement at the front to the ship.

...Alas, the adult only pool is no more...

huh? they took down the signs? kids were there? i can't see kids even wanting to be there instead of at the slide pool. that's no fun for them.

maybe parents dragged 'em over there (so they cld watch them) cuz the chair hogs had taken all the chairs:confused: :confused: :confused:

Personally, I prefer to administer my seasick remedy.

Exactly, I as well. Just ask her.

huh? they took down the signs? kids were there? i can't see kids even wanting to be there instead of at the slide pool. that's no fun for them.

maybe parents dragged 'em over there (so they cld watch them) cuz the chair hogs had taken all the chairs:confused: :confused: :confused:

Nope, signs are gone. Little monst....er...darlings were everywhere. They never opened the bar back there either, so we stayed by the main pool where bar service was better. View wasn't bad either. :D

a-hem...other way around, i'm betting, LOL:p

Nah, she was off work yesterday. I meant I put a dent in the Sensations beer supply. :eek:

Cthompson--just wanted to say that I think that overall you will like this location. It will be very convenient to get to the Unicorn cafe, the ice cream stations (yum!) and the aft pool area. Another benefit to aft cabins is that there is a lot less traffic in the hallways--much quieter!

We were on the Legend in August and loved it! Don't stress too much--just take the motion sickness remedy of your choice along so you'll be prepared. More than likely, you will find you don't need it at all. Have a great time (I know you will) :) . When you get back, let us know what you thought of your cabin and the ship!

My husband and I are also on The Legend (Western Caribbean )Leaving from Tampa on Sept. 23 2007 and are in 8240 inside cabin in the back like you. From my experience you should be ok. Alot worrie about sea sickness, just bring some bonine or take one every morning just for precausion. The pills are only 3 bucks for a box of 8. I am more worried about where we will end up with the hurricanes LOL. See ya then

Archived