Carnival Passengers' Views on Cunard

Cruachan

Wow, you all have had quite a day around here!

Speaking of someone's shoot not stinking, did anyone see the South Park episode where a deadly Smug cloud is unleashed and everyone in San Francisco is so smug they think their farts smell good? Sorry, just wanted to add to the thread drift. :)

Speaking of someone's shoot not stinking, did anyone see the South Park episode where a deadly Smug cloud is unleashed and everyone in San Francisco is so smug they think their farts smell good? Sorry, just wanted to add to the thread drift. :)

I'd say that qualifies as thread drift....:D

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

Wow, I spend a day away at the beach and missed all the fun. Obi Wan Karie, a true fan here who will read a thread just to see what witty comments you have made. I sense a pattern here. I too am from CT and live all of 2 minutes from a now decommissioned nuke. There was an evatuation plan pasted to the kitchen cabinet when we bought the house, which was a joke. I also used to live in Springfield, Mass, that is (no nuke there), home of one of the Simpson's writers. A second generation Scot here, who has not yet ventured back to the homeland, but got a good taste of all things British on my last QE2 cruise.

And yes, flame suit on here, I guess I qualify as a redneck since I have a number 3 and an 8 sticker on my truck. No flag, though, above my front door, which is not a double wide and NO tattoos. Don't ask how a New Englander can be such a rabid NASCAR fan.

Happyscot, we have a Scotland here, a town called Scotland , CT, and they host Highland Games often. The clans gather here, tabers are tossed, but the haggis is not served.

Ken,

who although is from the Clan MacLeod, is NOT immortal.

Obi Wan Karie,

I sense a pattern here. I too am from CT, live minutes from a decommissioned nuke, used to live in Springfield(MA, home of one of the Simpson writers), am a second generation "happyscot", and qualify as a redneck NASCAR fan since I have couple of stickers on my rear window of my truck. Sorry kasnekanefan, they are not the 9, but the 3 and the 8 of Earnhardt fame.

A true fan of Karie's posts here, who will read a post just to see what witty comment she has added.

Happyscot, believe it or not, we have a Scotland, Connecticut here and we do have Highland Games. The clan gather, tabers are tossed, but I have het to see any true haggis consumed.

Ken,

I am back. Unfortuneatly I did not get any of the assigned reading done as I got destracted.

Yes I have real name... It is Tonya......

Dude who likes Jr. and the Intimidator. It is all good as long as you don't have #24 in your back window. I don't have a 9 sticker in my backwindow cause I have bought one...:D I was however eyeing a wall clock in the and I kid you not "made for tv" store in the mall where you can buy all the stuff they try to pawn on television. I do have self control and walked away.

I shall save my money and join you all on a cunard cruise one day. Maybe I will plan for 2009. And I will get my past guest stuff as carnival corporation owns both lines. there is some misconception that carnival owns cunard which is untrue. I have researched this important fact and carnival cruise limited or similar owns them all. they are the same company just cater to different peeps.

hold on though what if I know alot about tv and pop trivia and sports, will there be some of those questions. I think we establised I like NASCAR. truth be told I love football (American kind) not soccer. baseball, and basketball. I am happy right now b/c football has been on for two days straight... yah... and two more games tomorrow. I play fantasy football.

But on other hand, i love going to hear about new things and lectures that are interesting. and looking stuff up as research.. better start watching jeopardy... what a good show!!!

And I have thoroughly enjoyed "talking" with yall today. Yes I am from the southern states and we say yall, can't help it. I didn't find anyone snooty.... I just jumped right in. :D

I'm afraid I missed that one!

Poor Jim! Is this what he will grow up learning! <LOL>

Thanks for the laugh. I've had a bad night.

I needed it~!

Hey Everyone.

This woman is a miracle mother!

Come over to the -um, which roll call? Was it the Dec 2 or the Aug 26th?

Anyway, she had a preemie who is now practically a football player!

She's quite the mom, and has a sense of humor too!

Good to see you out and about on the regular threads, Beth!

Karie,

who revels in others' personal triumphs (Having so few of her own lately, and being so proud of those who do so much!)

Obi Wan Karie,

I sense a pattern here. I too am from CT, live minutes from a decommissioned nuke, used to live in Springfield(MA, home of one of the Simpson writers), am a second generation "happyscot", and qualify as a redneck NASCAR fan since I have couple of stickers on my rear window of my truck. Sorry kasnekanefan, they are not the 9, but the 3 and the 8 of Earnhardt fame.

A true fan of Karie's posts here, who will read a post just to see what witty comment she has added.

Happyscot, believe it or not, we have a Scotland, Connecticut here and we do have Highland Games. The clan gather, tabers are tossed, but I have het to see any true haggis consumed.

Ken,

Okay, Ken, living in Eastern CT, I know where Scotland is (First I knew of them was when I first moved up north! I'm afraid their claim to fame at that time was hosting a Ku Klux Klan rally- Not a happy introduction to Connecticut back in the Seventies, having come from Tennessee, where we had no problems mixing and even inter-dating!) But I recognize their are bigots and idiots everywhere!And cool people, all the same!

So let's see decommissioned, Ct Yankee. So are you in Moodus (Land of many noises?) Or maybe East Haddam? Morrie is also from (sort of) our neck of the woods (msk68)

And no, I have never been to the Highland games in Scotland CT.

I am not an Earnhardt fan. I go back to the Pettys and the Yarboroughs (Cale once kissed me in the winner's circle when I was coring him- Forget which race- Maybe the Firecracker 400 now the Pepsi 400 or something.) I was friends with Richie Panch- Marvin Panch's kid. He was in my CAP squadron. Richie had his rookie year when I was a freshman at UT (University of Tennessee) HOW BOUT THEM VOLS! (SEC rules) Yeah, I know, they lost their first game)

so Ken. Where do you live?

We could be neighbors! I live off Rte 16- about 3/4 miles down Standish in Colchester to Clark rd, then 3/4 miles down Clark.

Karie,

who is a rebel by birth, but has lived in CT for longer than she want to admit!

I am back. Unfortuneatly I did not get any of the assigned reading done as I got destracted.

Yes I have real name... It is Tonya......

hold on though what if I know alot about tv and pop trivia and sports, will there be some of those questions. I think we establised I like NASCAR. truth be told I love football (American kind) not soccer. baseball, and basketball. I am happy right now b/c football has been on for two days straight... yah... and two more games tomorrow. I play fantasy football.

But on other hand, i love going to hear about new things and lectures that are interesting. and looking stuff up as research.. better start watching jeopardy... what a good show!!!

And I have thoroughly enjoyed "talking" with yall today. Yes I am from the southern states and we say yall, can't help it. I didn't find anyone snooty.... I just jumped right in. :D

Tonya,

Like I said, a little of everything in the Cunard Trivia. Mythology, Geography, (what is the largest French speaking populace outside of France. People were guessing Tahiti, all sorts of stuff! Well. of course! it's Canada!

Not to worry. Get together a diverse team and you'll do fine!

Karie,

who speaks southernese

ooh geography!!! How fun.... My sister married a Yankee from Massachusetts.... Nice guy!!!

I like the Vols... But I like LSU better.... GEAUX Tigers!!!!

I found this one tour group, not a cruise I want to go on. Takes you to the new england states, mass, rhode island, ct, vt, nh, and maine..... 8 days in October!! Maybe next year.

Damn,

I was so overcome with emotion at Scotland managing to beat Portugal in the world cup that I had to go to bed with an ice-pack on my head and missed a really good thread!

......he must've had sense enough to get out before the nuclear plant blew and the exotic bacteria experimentation station burned to the ground!

Karie,

how did you find out about that - obviously the cover up hasn't been as effective as "they" thought (The truth is out there. We are not alone).

Jimmy

OK. 1 letter at a time with dots for letters, my brave Perthshire lad.

Ahh Perthshire - a fine, fine county where men are men and sheep are nervous!! You don't have any family connection with the Blaaaahhhck Watch do you by any chance (just a thought).

Actually, I can't claim the honour of being from Perthshire as Dollar makes it into Clackmannanshire by about a hundred yards.

As to your location - the name wouldn't have any connection with biscuits would it? Failing that is it the near neighbour of that one, but whose name would answer the crossword clue "a rib agree? (anag) (9)"

Jimmy

As to your location - the name wouldn't have any connection with biscuits would it? Failing that is it the near neighbour of that one, but whose name would answer the crossword clue "a rib agree? (anag) (9)"

Spot on with the biscuits!! (Although not, of course).

We don't talk about that other place - they open their boiled eggs at the pointed end.........

Stanley is a true alley cat. He's York born and bred, and is old and probably stringy, tough and totally devoid of flavour

Don't worry:) that's what stewing's for:D Add a few herbs, cook for a long time and you end up with a dish fit for a king:) Your cat also has the advantage of being local; why not pop round with it and we'll have a nice pan ready:)

Fairy Queens???Anyone care to touch that??? Not moi!! ;)

Penny - think back into roll calls past (but not forgotten). I called you a fairy queen, like the one in Iolanthe, you were quite impressed with the description until I pointed out the way the role is played:D

[quote name='pnhmrk']I couldn't do it:( I'd go unwashed for the entire trip rather than destroy one single animal:([/quote]

So, let me get this right. You have qualms about destroying towel animals, but you're quite happy to make soup with my cat !!!!!

ROFLOL

Jimmy

[quote name='Cruachan']So, let me get this right. You have qualms about destroying towel animals, but you're quite happy to make soup with my cat ![/quote]

Quite right:) Soft toys are quiet, pleasant and neither eat nor make a mess - quite unlike their living equivalent!

Now - are you going to bring that thing over or shall I come and get it?

[quote name='pnhmrk']Quite right:) Soft toys are quiet, pleasant and neither eat nor make a mess - quite unlike their living equivalent!

Now - are you going to bring that thing over or shall I come and get it?[/quote]

Malcolm,

feel free to come round. The only thing I would say is that [B]I'm[/B] not the real obstacle to your soup making ambitions. His "mother", however, is another story altogether; and, to misquote a certain Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington, [I]"I don't know what effect she will have upon the soup makers, but, by God, she frightens me"[/I][B].[/B]

Jimmy

Archived