Double Decker Tour Bus

jodiandbrad

I have read in several places where you can do a small double decker bus tour around the town. Has anyone done this and how much is it? Where does it take you and How long does it last? My hubby and I are thinking this will be our "take it easy" day, but something like this may be good. Any information will be really helpful.

Yes, they have it. Did the tour last week. The pier in Progreso is 4 miles long. There is a free shuttle bus into the town of Progreso. Right where the shuttle bus drops you off you can take the double decker bus ride. It is about 20 minutes or so and costs $2 per person. We had to wait only like 5 minutes for the next bus to leave. They ask you to tip at the end so maybe an extra $1 for that. I really liked the tour just to check out the town. It took you through a couple of the streets, down the strip of the beach and to the town's center. Definitely worth $2. Sit up on the top for better views / pictures in my opinion.

After that we walked around the market where you catch the bus and then went down to the beach area and my mom got a great massage.

• 3 weeks later...

When we left the straw market area we walked straight down to the beach - there is a large restaurant to the left of the statue at the circle (you will see it on the bus tour) it is the place closest to the pier begining. Anyway, there was a table set up right there (along with many others all along the beach), the guy my mom had was fabulous!! We did not even have to talk him down, it was kinda funny, he said 1/2 hr for $25, but today it is $15. She liked it so much she gave him a $10 tip. Have fun.

I hope they will still be on sale when we arrive next week. ;)

We leave this Saturday out of Mobile and have been trying to figure out what to do with our day here. I am going to the DZ ruins then we have so much free time left that this sounds like the plan now. Thanks for the information.:) I love taking bus tours to check out where I am.

Yes, they have it. Did the tour last week. The pier in Progreso is 4 miles long. There is a free shuttle bus into the town of Progreso. Right where the shuttle bus drops you off you can take the double decker bus ride. It is about 20 minutes or so and costs $2 per person. We had to wait only like 5 minutes for the next bus to leave. They ask you to tip at the end so maybe an extra $1 for that. I really liked the tour just to check out the town. It took you through a couple of the streets, down the strip of the beach and to the town's center. Definitely worth $2. Sit up on the top for better views / pictures in my opinion.

After that we walked around the market where you catch the bus and then went down to the beach area and my mom got a great massage.

Do you have any photos of the beach you went to?

Do you have any photos of the beach you went to?

Here is a picture of the beach. We did not go in the water there. There was a lot of seaweed there and it is not crystal-clear like in other ports (but that was not the reason for not swimming - it was our 4th port in 4 days and we just wanted to go back on the ship - we were tired!).

IMG_21b.jpg.b5637451bea1b937786a04e7a98fba26.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Check out my webshot photos. I was just at Progreso this past Monday and really enjoyed it. Most of the pictures on pages 4 - 10 are of Progreso that includes pictures of the city, the beach area (notice the seaweed), and the school we visited. There are pictures of the double decker bus and pictures that I took of the city while riding it. It was a lot of fun and CHEAP!

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561035198ucuKnL

• 4 months later...

Hello,

We enjoyed you photos as we have been to Cozumel on several occassions and are set to return in December. Last few times on the Conquest but this time on the Fantasy. We would like to know where you went in Cozumel. The beach etc looked very nice. Did you go on your own or book an excursion?

Thanks for any info you can give us.'

Mr. Fixit

• 2 weeks later...
Here is a picture from the beach taken this past Thursday (2/21) - water was crystal clear and no seaweed. The clarity of the water will vary depending on the time of year and storms in the gulf.

Great picture, Ann!!

Was that Progreso or Coz???

Archived