Pride Balcony 1 level above the boats? Any comments?

gojanie

We booked on the Pride for Thanksgiving week. The only rooms we could get with a balcony and an interior room directly across from each other was one on the Empress deck which is a balcony right above the life rafts. I actually hadn't even noticed this as I was too excited getting the rooms across from each other (kids in interior, hubby and I in balcony.)

It doesn't say obstruction, but is it annoying to have the life rafts right below? I guess you can't look directly down and see the water.

Ditto...had a balcony on the Express deck on the Pride last Oct, and no it shouldn't bother you...technically speaking if for some reason you desire to look at the water below you as opposed to out, then it might, but it never bothered me once, you can't see it from looking straight out, just down....and jokingly we actually liked it, we figured if something happened, it would just be a 5-6 ft jump down onto a lifeboat....j/k of coarse....

Enjoy the Pride, I certainly fell in love with her......

We booked on the Pride for Thanksgiving week. The only rooms we could get with a balcony and an interior room directly across from each other was one on the Empress deck which is a balcony right above the life rafts. I actually hadn't even noticed this as I was too excited getting the rooms across from each other (kids in interior, hubby and I in balcony.)

It doesn't say obstruction, but is it annoying to have the life rafts right below? I guess you can't look directly down and see the water.

We just sailed on the Legend and had a balcony with the obstruction and there was not much obstruction to talk about. We never felt the need to look straight down as the few infront of us was beautiful.

We too joked about our ability to just jump on board the life boat if ever there be the need.

Archived