how's the room service?

oakleys

how's the room service on rccl, i read it was not, as good as carnival's. do they have restricted hrs, & can you still order sandwiches & a breakfast menu, also do they bring you a bee,r if i want to be lazy on the balcony. thanks anyone

Not sure where you got your info, but Rccl has 24 hour HOT room service, for breakfast you can get hot meals like eggs, bacon, hash browns etc. During dining hours you can get much of the same menu except for the filet and the lobster. Yes they will bring you beer and or drink.

Actually it's BETTER than Carnival's. Everyone usually complains about the room service on Carnival because it only allows for cold foods.

On RCCL there were lots of selections, including different types of platters (like fruit and cheese platters/ cookie platters). And many HOT selections.

ive never, really wanted anthing hot. just wanted to know if they do BLT'S as the kid's like them, bagel's with salmon etc, for breaky. plus if mom & dad want to go & have a meal, the kids like to order whatever, & they enjoy that while watching a movie or something. so it sounds good! thanks all

how's the room service on rccl, i read it was not, as good as carnival's. do they have restricted hrs, & can you still order sandwiches & a breakfast menu, also do they bring you a bee,r if i want to be lazy on the balcony. thanks anyone

Carnival has cold sandwiches and salads and a few wraps. Pastries in the morning. RCCL has hot foods, including pizza and much of the menu from the dining room menu available. RCCL has a wide selection of hot breakfasts as well. MUCH better than Carnival.

Actually it's BETTER than Carnival's. Everyone usually complains about the room service on Carnival because it only allows for cold foods.

On RCCL there were lots of selections, including different types of platters (like fruit and cheese platters/ cookie platters). And many HOT selections.

I can validate your Carnival statement; I wasn't too thrilled with the room service selection on Carnival. I will definitely be ordering 2 AM feedings on FOS if they have hot selections (need to eat after all that dancing).

I can validate your Carnival statement; I wasn't too thrilled with the room service selection on Carnival. I will definitely be ordering 2 AM feedings on FOS if they have hot selections (need to eat after all that dancing).

Maybe they only serve cold on Carnival because they figure the majority of the passengers will be so toasted they wouldn't notice if the food was hot anyway?;)

We found RCI's room service to be inferior to Carnival's. It was slower, and more limited selections. But that's just us. ;)

Sorry but no way is RCI's room service menu more limited than Carnival. On RCI you can order omelets, eggs, bacon, sausage and hash browns for breaksfast. Not on Carnival. On RCI you can order pizza, hamburgers and cheeseburgers. Not on Carnival. On RCI you can order from the dining room menu for lunch and dinner. Not on Carnival.

sound's great, we are trying to decide on either Freedom, or carnival legend. the thing i like about the legend, is that we can get an expanded balcony. so for a family of 4 that would be nice. but we would also love to try RCI & see how amazing the freedom is.

sound's great, we are trying to decide on either Freedom, or carnival legend. the thing i like about the legend, is that we can get an expanded balcony. so for a family of 4 that would be nice. but we would also love to try RCI & see how amazing the freedom is.

The standard balconies on the Freedom class ships are large as in deep. This photo will give you the general idea of the depth of the balcony.

P1010154.jpg

I don't like Formal Nights (vacations should be taken in slippers!) - does this mean I can order room service and get the same food as in the dining room? Last time, I ate at the Windjammer and it was ok...but after 11 days, it was getting a bit tiring! Plus, the dining room had the spinach and sweet potato dip and who knows what else that was never in the in the Windjammer.

I don't like Formal Nights (vacations should be taken in slippers!) - does this mean I can order room service and get the same food as in the dining room? Last time, I ate at the Windjammer and it was ok...but after 11 days, it was getting a bit tiring! Plus, the dining room had the spinach and sweet potato dip and who knows what else that was never in the in the Windjammer.

Not all items are available for room service that is on the menu such as lobster. You can call down and ask. I have always found them to be as accommodating as possible.

We had an OV on Monarch in July and couldn't order eggs for breakfast...just coffee and rolls, etc. We had stayed in a JS prior and were able to have full breakfasts. Our cabin attendant said only JS and above had the full breakfast menus.

No, this is an owners suite but it does give you an idea of how deep the balconies are on the Freedom class.

Hey mate if I can place your pic, It seems to be taken on the balcony of room 1334??

We were on freedom in june next door in 1340. The rest of our family, were on deck 7 and the balcony,s were just as deep as ours.

I must say that balcony,s were the best . I even slept in a hammoc I had strung up. Did not have to worrie about chair hogs that way. LOL We had a OS on Explorer a few years, and I much prefer the whole lay out of Freedom.

Note to Oakleys,,, No salmon on bagels to the room unless you can get it from the windjammer I never saw it there except to get it in a omlet. Only place we got it was frol the C/L

We found that we could even orderd dinner one night to our room that was on the eve menu. we had to pull a few strings, but we had no problems at all with room service, Much better than the other brand of cruise line that was brought up .. heheheh

Cheers from beers

PS: Note, that. they do cleaning on the balcony,s on port days , and open the screens to walk forward and aft, So close your curtains. My wife and I did not know that and we had some passers buy. OOOPSY..

Our balcony (GS1298) on Freedom. I am a devoted fan of Freedom. :D

IMG_0717.jpg

now thats a balcony michele!

And what you can't see is the other lounge chair where I was standing to take the picture. :eek:

That was our favorite balcony to date. And booking balcony suites on RCCL verses Carnival comes with many more perks. At Carnival, the only perk they offer is VIP boarding. At RCCL, there is a whole list, including Concierge lounge.

I know you didn't say you were booking a suite, but ya never know. ;) :D

Archived