TRANSFER from Barcelona Airport to ship

I arranged for pickup at BCN and return trip after the cruise with Resorthoppa.com - prepaid 97 Euro. They were given flight # of arrival and arrival time at BCN. The flight was 30 minutes late. Upon arrival, they were not there - with much effort and time to figure out the phone system, we called the number - only to be told that no driver was available and were given another number which promptly put me on hold until my coins ran out for the phone. We had to procure alternative transportation. E-mails to Resorthoppa have thus far have just been responded to with 'We will investigate - may take up to 28 days'.

Rather than saving time, prearranging transfer just caused much aggravation, time and extra money. After a long flight, it's no fun to be stranded in a foreign airport. If you're not using the ship's transfer, I would suggest just getting a cab or van at the airport when you arrive.

Sorry to hear about the bad experience with a pre-booked transfer because I was just about to pre-book mine for Barcelona. When we cruised from BCN in 2004 we had cab driver refuse to take both Mom and I in one cab and made us hire two cabs. The cars were sort of small and he refused to put a suitcase on front passenger seat. The two drivers took different routes and mine overcharged me (demanded a lot more than the meter showed.) I was sort of freaked by the experience and was trying to plan ahead to avoid it again. We travel with 2 large suitcases each plus one carry-on each -- not light packers, I know:rolleyes:

Has anyone had a *good* experience with pre-booked transfers??

Barbara

We used Angie's Taxi last year and pre booked from Barcelona to Sitges and Sitges to the port. Our flight was delayed but our driver was there with the sign...when we went from Sitges to the port again the driver was at the hotel early, ready for us. If you feel you need to pre book, I would recommend them. This time though we're just going from the airport to the port and will grab a taxi as there are enough of them available.

Thank you for your input on transfers in BCN. I will be traveling with a small group in October and was debating if I should pre-arrange our transfers. After reading your information on the taxi service, you have eased my mind and we will just use the taxis to our hotel and to the pier. Thanks again.

I have used the taxis several times to and from Barcelona airport. For two us of with two cases and two hand luggage we have been charged around 25 to 30 Euros to either the port or a central hotel. Spanish taxi drivers are generally very good (and quick!)

Just got back last night from Barcelona. We spent a few nights post cruise in BCN. Our hotel was much further than cruise ship terminal (although I understand there is some extra toll fee for taxis into the port area)

We paid about $25E from port to our hotel (2 adults + 2 Lrg bags + 2 carry ons)

we paid about $28E from hotel to BCN

Hope this helps. Plenty of taxis - and incidentally, they were all very modern and clean. Make sure they hit the meter - and there is a nominal charge for luggage. We found this the way to go!

We were a group of 9 and I arranged to be picked up at the airport to be brought to our hotel with yourtransfers.com. We had no problems and I would not hesitate to recommend them. They also picked us up the following day to take us to the ship. From what I understand, they have different size cars and vans to fit your needs. We used a 14 passenger van and had no trouble fitting all of our luggage.

Archived