Just back from Miracle

cruisee

Just got back from the Carnival Miracle this morning. Thank you for all your helpful advice so I hope to reciprocate. A couple of things - embarkation - get there as late as possible or early - we heard horror stories of people waiting for 2.50 hours who arrived at around 1 p.m. When we were getting off at 9:30 this morning there were people waiting although I don't know what time they're let on - I think like 12:30.

We got there at 3 p.m. thinking no line - wrong! We had to wait for an hour but were told we could miss the drill and just waited in our cabin.

For those interested in beer - yes, you are allowed to bring 2 six packs on board as well as soda. We did this in San Juan as well as St. Thomas. Forget Tortola - there is nothing there (as far as stores). The views are beautiful though. Try and get an excursion there to the Virgin Gorda otherwise there's nothing to see.

Be careful of using the liquor/beer in the ship's refrigerator! They are expensive and also have an added tax. Just ask the steward to empty the fridge and fill it with your own stuff.

We had a great time - food was great, service wonderful and met many people having a great time.

Entertainment was wonderful - we didn't have enough time for it all! Larry the piano player in Sam's Piano Bar is a sweet and personable guy and will take any request. Make sure you stop by and see him. Music Boardwalk at Frankie and Johnnies is everything I heard - fabulous. The shows, the comics, we didn't have time for it all. And the disco - fun. You'll have a ball!!

Thank you for all your helpful suggestions. If I had to give a helpful word of advice it would be - if at all possible, carry on your own luggage - that way you can do the "self assist debarkation" which took the 3 of us about 10 minutes to get off the boat. I know, it's difficult to pack alot in one suitcase but I saw alot of people with 3 medium size suitcases on some kind of roller leaving on the self-assist thing. As long as you can carry it off on your own it's "self assist" and believe me it's worth it!!!

Anyway, thanks to everyone and have a great time - I know you will!!!!

Happy cruising!!!!

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. I loved the miracle. I am also glad you enjoyed Music boardwalk. As you can tell from my sig I am a huge fan of their's! People don't believe me when I talk about how well they play any type of music.

When I book my next cruise I will be looking into which ship they are on, and deciding if that itinerary is where I want to go. I heard they are going to the Freedom after their vacation when it goes to Tampa. I am glad they get the honor of working the newest ship in the fleet!:)

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. I loved the miracle. I am also glad you enjoyed Music boardwalk. As you can tell from my sig I am a huge fan of their's! People don't believe me when I talk about how well they play any type of music.

When I book my next cruise I will be looking into which ship they are on, and deciding if that itinerary is where I want to go. I heard they are going to the Freedom after their vacation when it goes to Tampa. I am glad they get the honor of working the newest ship in the fleet!:)

They certainly were great Mark weren't they. And they sounded exactly like the artist they were doing.

They certainly were great Mark weren't they. And they sounded exactly like the artist they were doing.

They sure did!!! Do you have any Ideas on when you will be cruising next? It sure has become and addiction of mine. I need to win the Lotto to feed my addiction. Too many cruise ships and Itinerary's, and not enough time or money to feed it!!!:(

They sure did!!! Do you have any Ideas on when you will be cruising next? It sure has become and addiction of mine. I need to win the Lotto to feed my addiction. Too many cruise ships and Itinerary's, and not enough time or money to feed it!!!:(

Nope don't know when yet. We are still deciding what we will do for vacation next year. The kids already told me that they have no desire to do a cruise. :rolleyes: So I am going to have to come up with something that we can all agree on.

Maybe 100 yards up from the beach in Cane Garden Bay. They have beer and liquor there. We were able to buy Callwoods rum there and while we didn't buy beer they looked like they had a pretty nice selection.

Thank you for all your helpful suggestions. If I had to give a helpful word of advice it would be - if at all possible, carry on your own luggage - that way you can do the "self assist debarkation" which took the 3 of us about 10 minutes to get off the boat. I know, it's difficult to pack alot in one suitcase but I saw alot of people with 3 medium size suitcases on some kind of roller leaving on the self-assist thing. As long as you can carry it off on your own it's "self assist" and believe me it's worth it!!!

Anyway, thanks to everyone and have a great time - I know you will!!!!

Happy cruising!!!!

Sounds like you had as good a time as we did. What time did you line up for self-debark to get off in 10 minutes? We knew from last year that the line can snake back a few hundred yards, and being in line with all your luggage and having to drag it all a few inches forward every couple of minutes is a nightmare, so we just camped out out in the piano bar for an hour or so, and one of us kept going down to check the progress of the line, until it got down to a reasonable length.

We're too seduced by the convenience of sailing from NY, but otherwise I could definitely imagine choosing a cruise based on which ship Music Boardwalk is on. We first saw them on the Triumph two years ago up to Canada, and were thrilled to find out that they would be on our cruise this time around...

For those interested in beer - yes, you are allowed to bring 2 six packs on board as well as soda. We did this in San Juan as well as St. Thomas. Forget Tortola - there is nothing there (as far as stores). The views are beautiful though. Try and get an excursion there to the Virgin Gorda otherwise there's nothing to see.

Glad you had a good time, but I disagree with your comment about nothing to see on Tortola.

We had a great time at Cane Garden Bay, as well as enjoying beautiful scenery there and back. I don't think there was enough time spent at Tortola, so I personally think CGB is a better choice over Virgin Gorda for the amount of time you get, especially for a first time visitor to Tortola.

Just curious, does anyone know if Music Boardwalk will still be on the Miracle for the sailing of 9/16??

You'll just miss them. They leave for home on 9/16 and their friends Music Unlimited will be there. I hear they are just as good as Music Boardwalk Have a great time. Let me know what you thought of them. Mary49

glad you had a great cruise, there is nothing not to like. oh, that music boardwalk, they are the best..they will not be on the sept. 16th, but thehytold me their friens will be and they are just as good. i will be on the cruise to nowhere in oct. and ill let you know how they compare.

lesley

glad you had a great cruise, there is nothing not to like. oh, that music boardwalk, they are the best..they will not be on the sept. 16th, but thehytold me their friens will be and they are just as good. i will be on the cruise to nowhere in oct. and ill let you know how they compare.

lesley

Ohh I did the CTN last Oct but it was on the Legend. Only complaint I had was that it was way too short. I also did the Miracle out of NY this past June which was fabulous. :D Let me know how you like the CTN.

lesley

Hi Leslie, let me know too what you thought of Music Unlimited and your cruise to nowhere in October. I know they will be a hard act to follow Music Boardwalk and I also heard they are just as good. Mary49

Sandi, thanks again for taking the e-mail to Music Boardwalk for me. Enrique told me that you guys met up. They really don't answer e-mails. Oh well. Had a great visit/time with them. St. Thomas' Megan's Bay is beautiful. and went to Cane Bay Beach in Tortola. Mary49

Sandi, thanks again for taking the e-mail to Music Boardwalk for me. Enrique told me that you guys met up. They really don't answer e-mails. Oh well. Had a great visit/time with them. St. Thomas' Megan's Bay is beautiful. and went to Cane Bay Beach in Tortola. Mary49

Mary, you are quite welcome. We loved them. Absolutely fabulous group. What amazed me is that whatever song they did, they sounded exactly like the original artist. My husband was really amazed because he is VERY into music.

We didn't do Megan's Bay or Cane Garden Bay. We did Sapphire and The Baths. Although, when we get back to St. Thomas and Tortola we might try those beaches.

Glad you had a great time on your cruise. :D

Archived