Turtle from the Beach at The Blue Monkey

#1TravelMom

I have read posting about swimming out from shore to see the turtles. Has anyone done this lately. Is the beach at the Blue Monkey nice. Are their restrooms. I think someone mentioned umbrellas and chairs-anyone know the cost? Also is jetskiing available from here. And one last question - is there anything to see snorkeling from here other than the turtles?

• 2 weeks later...

We were at this beach last year. It's fairly close to the Sandy Lane Hotel and the water was beautiful. There were some cats tied up off the beach and I think people were in the water with turtles. I tried to go out and see but it got to be too much of an effort. There are plenty of locals around who rent chaises and umbrellas. Some people on the beach took a snorkel trip from a boat that tied up there for $25 a piece. They said they liked it. There were some fish in the water but no coral that I could find.

I have also gone out on the Tiami cat that we booked on a cruise. This was expensive but great. The boat's crew brings meat into the water to feed the turtles so you really do see them.

I think next January we will try to book the Thriller Snorkel trip; it's less expensive and highly recommended by people on this board.

Archived