Another FLL/Miami Question

LynnTH

Hi everyone. New to this board. We (Me, DH, DS9, DD6)are going on the Carnival Freedom from March 15-22nd. We fly in the night before to FLL. We don't get in until 9:00 PM. Is it best to just find a place to sleep in FLL then go the the Port of Miami in the morning - or should we find a place to stay in Miami?? Do any of the hotels in FLL have a free shuttle to POM? If so, then I guess we could just take a taxi back. Trying to find the most economical way to go...

Any input would be great. We don't need anything fancy, basically just a safe place to sleep. Thanks.

In the end of July we stayed in Sunny Isles at the Newport Beachside Resort. They don't have any free shuttle service, but one of the concierge has his own transportation service. I think it was called America Transportation(?). If you call the hotel they will tell you. That is how I learned about it. They were very efficient in picking us up at FLL airport, driving us to the Port of Miami and then picking us up 7 days later and driving us back to FLL. Would definately recommend. Good luck:)

There are no hotels in Ft Lauderdale that offer a free shuttle to the Port of Miami.

The Ramada Cruiseport near the Ft. Lauderdale Airport has a Port of Miami package. It offers 1 night at the Ramada, hot breakfast buffet, and transportation to the Port of Miami. The price is pretty reasonable - call 1-800-509-9854.

The Ramada Cruiseport near the Ft. Lauderdale Airport has a Port of Miami package. It offers 1 night at the Ramada, hot breakfast buffet, and transportation to the Port of Miami. The price is pretty reasonable - call 1-800-509-9854.

Great. Thank You. I will give them a call.

There shuttle is not free, it's a service that the hotel contracts with. The hotel itself is located in a nasty part of our town. It's an old property with room doors that open directly to the exterior. There are no shops or restaurants nearby. Do not walk off the hotel property at night, take a cab if you have to go to a store for anything. :eek:

There shuttle is not free, it's a service that the hotel contracts with. The hotel itself is located in a nasty part of our town. It's an old property with room doors that open directly to the exterior. There are no shops or restaurants nearby. Do not walk off the hotel property at night, take a cab if you have to go to a store for anything. :eek:

This nasty hotel you describe is definitely the Ramada Cruiseport that's 1.3 miles from FLL? The travel reviews on independant web sites were all pretty good. I'm surprised to hear what you're telling us.

I'm sure you read the local paper where you live. You know where the frequent police activity is, where drugs can be purchased, where prostitution is rampant, right? There's just some things you won't hear about on independent web sites that a local sees or hears or reads about in the local media.

Please give us a review if you stay there. :rolleyes:

Archived