Excursion ideas needed for large group!

gail811

Thank you hdawson for your post to welcome us. It appears that the Glory will replace Costa Maya with Progreso. I visited a few years ago on the Pride and did the Merida/rodeo excursion with Carnival. This time we have 22 family and friends ranging in age from one to 60 something. Does anyone have a suggestion for something that we may enjoy as a group? Our plans in Costa Maya were to go to Majahaul and spend the day at the beach; it has become one of our favorite ports. A nice day at the beach would good for some in our group in Progreso, a few others may want to venture to some of the ruins in the area. I would love to hear from those that have been here with young children. Thanks!

I'm interested for the same reasons Gail! I have a group of 14 (possibly 16) going on the Fantasy next september and just found out they replaced Costa Maya with Progreso. My group will range from age 9 to late 50s but I have several disabled people that will not be able to handle highly strenous activities.

Our plan in Costa Maya was to rent golf carts and head down to Crazy Jungle Suzies (love that crazy lady...and her AWESOME margaritas).

So at this point I'm not sure what to do. The ruins sound interesting but whatever we choose, I'd like an element of relaxation...and good cheap drinks!

• 1 month later...
Thank you hdawson for your post to welcome us. It appears that the Glory will replace Costa Maya with Progreso. I visited a few years ago on the Pride and did the Merida/rodeo excursion with Carnival. This time we have 22 family and friends ranging in age from one to 60 something. Does anyone have a suggestion for something that we may enjoy as a group? Our plans in Costa Maya were to go to Majahaul and spend the day at the beach; it has become one of our favorite ports. A nice day at the beach would good for some in our group in Progreso, a few others may want to venture to some of the ruins in the area. I would love to hear from those that have been here with young children. Thanks!

Check out my post on this cite "WONDERFUL FREE THING TO DO" Also,

Check out my webshot photos. I was just at Progreso this past Monday and really enjoyed it. Most of the pictures on pages 4 - 10 are of Progreso that includes pictures of the city, the beach area (notice the seaweed), and the school we visited.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561035198ucuKnL

Archived