Cabo

Balconeysonly

We were there on Thursday and all snorkeling, & scuba trips sponsored by the cruise line were cancelled due to conditions. We didn't have one of those scheduled, we were going on the pirate boat. That was cancelled due to damages. We didn't see a lot of damage. One side of the bay, the beaches are badly erroded, but not the other side. We saw a recently sunken boat, and there were lots of people hammering on docks and boats.

Has anyone heard if Henretta screwed up the snorkling in Cabo. In 2004 Cozumel had no sea life to speak of worth getting wet for.:rolleyes:

As I posted the day after Hurricane Henrietta last week, nothing much happened here. The water visability was limited due to the amount of rain runoff coming down the mountains but it has cleared up and is back to normal. The water here is NOT like the Caribbean though. But it has a good amount of marine life depending on where you go. I saw a huge school of baby barracuda last week and the schools of juvenile sardines are everywhere...I mean schools of thousands together. Box fish are out in record number and I spotted several seahorses very close to the platform where the Sea Trek and Snuba tours are held. Lobsters, rock fish, eels last week, ...

Too bad you thought that Cozumel did not have anything worth getting wet for. I am assuming that you mean after Hurricane Wilma. I lived there for over 10 years and survived the 3 1/2 days of Hurricane Wilma. I disagree with you about the marine life...less than 3 months after Wilma you could not tell a difference in the amount. I saw the largest school of spotted eagle rays in my life less than 5 months after Wilma! And the octopus family I used to go see at Dzul Ha was still there when I got in the water 3 days afterwards. Now, the reefs on the other hand suffered heavily there.

Hope you enjoy. Keep in mind that the water is the warmest here now until April...in the 75-80 degree range. Then it will drop to about 55 in May and June and start to warm up again mid July.

Archived