Carnvial Booking SpiritAir Flight Reservations

greysrule

Has anyone had Carnival book their airline reservations for them with Spirit Air? My PVP at the time, she has since left, got me the same price I could get on my own and said it ties into Carnival's system so they can track if there is a flight change, etc. Hey, I thought this sounded like a good idea.

The problem I have run into is that since Carnival made our reservations I am unable to pre-assign our seats, have to wait until I get to the airport, and cannot pay for the checked baggage (would save $20) as opposed to having to check my baggage at the airport. I have tried calling Spirit Air numerous times and can NEVER get through to anyone! I was on hold last night for 57 minutes and finally hung up.:mad: I have gone thru Spirit's E-mail a question service and have only received a confirmation that I submitted a question, but no answer or phone call back to me yet. Even though Carnival booked the flights, they are unable to help me at this point. :(

I have never flown on Spirit Air and thus far, I'm not having a pleasurable experience. Has anyone else out there run into this situation? If so, who can I contact to get this resolved? We are only 11 days out from our cruise. Thanks for any assistance.

When you are 30 days from your cruise, you can call CCL and ask for their

Land/Sea department. At that time they will be able to give you your flight info, that way you can call the airline directly and get your seat assignments.

I'm only 11 days from my cruise and Carnival still can't help me since it's booked thru Spirit's flight system and I've still been unable to get in contact with a live person from Spirit to help me.:eek:

Spirit Airlines doesn't assign seats. Your boarding pass will say A, B, or C and this is the order you will board. I'm not sure how you get to be in the A line. It could have to do with how early your boarding pass was printed.

40% of the people seem to be in the A line, 10% in B, and the other 40% get the C line. I know this doesn't sound very good, but Spirit is a very well-regarded airline. One other note, they may charge for a second bag if you have to check 2 bags.

I used Carnival Fly-Away for my cruise next month on the Freedom. Above the flight information on my E-Docs are confirmation numbers for both airlines that we will be using. I used these confirmation numbers to reserve seats for all of our flights either online (Delta) or by phone (US Air).

We've flown with Spirit several times now, and we have never done A, B, C thing...we've always had seat assignments. Have they started doing something new since February??

Sorry the OP is having trouble contacting Spirit - I've only had great experiences with them. I guess your only option is to call and stay on hold as long as you need to.

Spirit DOES allow you to pick your own seats. I just did it yesterday for my Dec. flights. I booked airfare seperately from my cruise though.

OP, I did see a message on the Spirit website where sometimes the option to choose your own seats is not available due to "inventory control".

Since it's only 11 days until cruise maybe this is the case? Although that doesn't explain not being able to purchase the checked baggage in advance for a discount.

I may be wrong, but I would think Carnival would be the ones who would have to coordinate these requests as they are the ones who made your reservation with Spirit. :confused:

Sorry, that must be Southwest Airlines that boards by A, B, or C. (the only other airline I've flown recently). Another suggestion for contacting Spirit would be to call the Spanish speaking line, as most reps are bilingual. Good luck.

I'm only 11 days from my cruise and Carnival still can't help me since it's booked thru Spirit's flight system and I've still been unable to get in contact with a live person from Spirit to help me.:eek:

When you called Carnival did you ask for the Land/Sea dept.?

That is who you need to ask for. They will give you your flight numbers and times. You then need to call the airline and reserve your seat.

Finally got thru to someone at Spirit Air by pressing Option #1 for a new reservation vs. Opotion #2 for an existing reservation. She told me that since Carnival booked my reservations I CANNOT pre-assign my seats and she told me to get to the airport early to check in - great.:( Regarding the checked baggage, she assigned a report to my reservation, so when we get to the airport early, then they will see that I've tried without success to pay the cheaper rate for my checked baggage. At least I finally spoke with a person!

Lesson learned - ALWAYS make your own airline reservations; don't let Carnival do it!

Sorry, I have to ask you again. The only reason that I keep asking this is because I booked with ccl and had them book my air. They advised me to call their Land/Sea dept. to get my flight numbers. Then I called the airline to get seat assignments. So...did you call the Land/Sea dept at CCL?

If you get your flight numbers you should be able to call the reservations line at the airline and request seat assignments.

Sorry, I have to ask you again. The only reason that I keep asking this is because I booked with ccl and had them book my air. They advised me to call their Land/Sea dept. to get my flight numbers. Then I called the airline to get seat assignments. So...did you call the Land/Sea dept at CCL?

If you get your flight numbers you should be able to call the reservations line at the airline and request seat assignments.

I have my flight numbers - can pull all that info up on Spirit's website, I just don't have access to update anything. You must be going thru a different airline, because Carnival and Spirit have both told me multiple times that they cannot assign my seats, that I have to wait until we get to the airport.

I have my flight numbers - can pull all that info up on Spirit's website, I just don't have access to update anything. You must be going thru a different airline, because Carnival and Spirit have both told me multiple times that they cannot assign my seats, that I have to wait until we get to the airport.

Sorry, just making sure that you had your flight numbers. You are right,

we were on Delta and U.S. Air when this happened. Carnival didn't assign our seats but the airlines were able to. Once again, it must be because it is a different airline.

Good luck with everything and have a great cruise!!!!

Cruzn

I recently purchased tickets to Orlando on Spirit. Got to the airport and joined a long line of very angry people who had just been informed that the flight was cancelled. Spirit was unwilling to help anyone find alternate flights on other airlines (they did offer an alternate flight 36 hours later!!). I was given a number to call and get a refund, but it took me more than a week to get through to them. I'd hesitate to fly with Spirit again - I guess you get what you pay for. There was a family behind me in line who was on their way to a cruise. Fortunately, they were arriving to Florida the day before the cruise. I think they decided just to drive there (from Atlanta). After witnessing that, I've decided to fly in the night before for all my future cruises - you never know what can happen!

Spirit Airlines doesn't assign seats. Your boarding pass will say A, B, or C and this is the order you will board. I'm not sure how you get to be in the A line. It could have to do with how early your boarding pass was printed.

40% of the people seem to be in the A line, 10% in B, and the other 40% get the C line. I know this doesn't sound very good, but Spirit is a very well-regarded airline. One other note, they may charge for a second bag if you have to check 2 bags.

Think you are confused with Southwest Air regarding "A-B-C" Boarding (or better referred to as "hearding") !

I recently purchased tickets to Orlando on Spirit. Got to the airport and joined a long line of very angry people who had just been informed that the flight was cancelled. Spirit was unwilling to help anyone find alternate flights on other airlines (they did offer an alternate flight 36 hours later!!). I was given a number to call and get a refund, but it took me more than a week to get through to them. I'd hesitate to fly with Spirit again - I guess you get what you pay for. There was a family behind me in line who was on their way to a cruise. Fortunately, they were arriving to Florida the day before the cruise. I think they decided just to drive there (from Atlanta). After witnessing that, I've decided to fly in the night before for all my future cruises - you never know what can happen!

Oh my gosh - now I'm really nervous!! Our flight is to leave out of DC at 7:30 next Sunday morning and then we should arrive to FLL shortly before 10:00 and then we were going to take a cab straight to the pier. Please keep your fingers crossed that all will go smoothly for us!;)

Archived