Replacement ports for Costa Maya announced

chriscruises

Hi Chris,

I'm not going to be on the Legend until April 13/07 but do you have any information on this sailing? Some of the people in our party do not want to go to Roatan, so I am trying to find out asap for them so they can cancel without penalty.

Can you send me the letters to keatmon@hotmail.com please.

Thanks a bunch

Just curious, what's the problem with Roatan?

Interestingly, it says nothing about a cancellation option:rolleyes: other than excursions

copied portion thereof

September 12, 2007

Dear Carnival Guest:

Due to the impact from Hurricane Dean, we will replace the scheduled call in Costa Maya with a visit to Isla Roatan on the Carnival Legend cruises departing September 9, 2007 to April 26, 2009 (excluding December 23, 2007). For the December 23, 2007 cruise, we will cancel the call in Costa Maya but we will not be able to offer a replacement port.

Isla Roatan is a naturally beautiful and unspoiled island destination. Featured are exciting excursion opportunities including the Coral Cay marine & Nature Park, the Canopy Tour and wide variety of watersports options to name just a few. For departure dates in September, 2007, you can visit our unbaord shore excursion staff who will be able to assist your client with changing your pre-purchased shore excursions. For departure dates of October 2007 and beyond, effective September 26, 2007, please check online at carnival.com for the current status of your pre-booked shore excursion orders, as well as availability of shore excursions for any new ports of call. For your convenience, Carnival has made a comparable shore excursion selection for the new port of call, for which the original shore excursion price will be protected. In cases where Carnival was not able to find a comparable shore excursion, a refund will be processed and you will be able to re-book online.

Sincerely,

(té&c 3CCQLt

Vicki L. Freed, CTC

Senior Vice President — Sales & Marketing

Roatan is a beautiful place, very underdeveloped like Costa Maya.

47b6db00b3127cce98548d13cdf30000001.jpg

47b6db00b3127cce98548d0e4cde0000001.jpg

kelz66 - thanks for the pics!

it's growing on me:) , just need to visit ruins (any ruins)lol

had planned on Chaccoben (sp) @ Costa Maya, Progresso was an even better option.

Now I'll have to decide either Tulum (seems grueling & read you can't "climb" the structure) or Altum Ha - Belize.

It's a short window in Roatan (8 - 3) wonder they need to start home early?

research time!:D

had planned on Chaccoben (sp) @ Costa Maya, Progresso was an even better option.

Now I'll have to decide either Tulum (seems grueling & read you can't "climb" the structure) or Altum Ha - Belize.

I hear ya...the ruins in Costa Maya, was a good trip, plus it had the shortest travel time.

:cool:

Good luck on the research I hope you can find exactly what you want.

Well its official on the Legend 11/18 sailing. My reservation on Carnival's Website shows the Legend going to Isla Roatan in place of Costa Maya. The letter was real. It only showed up under my reservation though and not on the main page under the ships itinerary for those of you who may look. I am very excited about the change.

Thanks for all the help Chris.

Leslie

Well its official on the Legend 11/18 sailing. My reservation on Carnival's Website shows the Legend going to Isla Roatan in place of Costa Maya. The letter was real. It only showed up under my reservation though and not on the main page under the ships itinerary for those of you who may look. I am very excited about the change.

Leslie

Its official on our reservation for Nov 4th Legend as well. Roatan in place of Costa Maya! My dh and I are excited about going anywhere on our cruise:D

Still nothing on the Glory. We sail on 11/3.. I just got off the phone with someone at Carnival and he said that there has been no changes for our cruise on the Glory! If they know for sure we won't be sailing to Costa Maya, then why can't they just give us a new itinerary? The guy at Carnival told me that we might not know of any changes until a week before we sail... :confused: I have an excursion booked in Cozumel that will have to be changed because if we have the new itinerary, we visit Cozumel a day later than originally planned. I asked the guy at Carnival what I should do and he didn't have an answer for me! Frustrating!!

Leslie

I guess my agent was wrong as she kept saying Roatan was a short term thing. By the way Leslie, we are on the same cruise with you. Come and join our rollcall.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=519170

;) I got an official letter for my April 2008 sailing on the Legend this morning; Roatan as well. Nothing on the March 2008 sailing with the Glory though. I am sure they are hard at work trying to work it all out. I will be happy no matter where we go, I will be happy no matter where we go, I will be happy no matter where we go.......;)

Gail811, you've got the right attitude. I wish I could share your enthusiasm. I'm big on eco-tourism and diving, and possibly losing Belize as a port is a huge disappointment for me. If Carnival would just get honest and make an official itinerary change for the Glory, and if they do drop Belize and add Key West instead, I would simply rebook my cruise on the Legend, as that one appears to be going to Belize and now Roatan. Big score for divers/eco-tourists. But since Carnival is being so evasive, I am afraid they will wait til the last minute to make official changes to the Glory itinerary and I'll have no time to do anything but cancel. Bad for me, bad for Carnival. Key West just doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.

Gail811, you've got the right attitude. I wish I could share your enthusiasm. I'm big on eco-tourism and diving, and possibly losing Belize as a port is a huge disappointment for me. If Carnival would just get honest and make an official itinerary change for the Glory, and if they do drop Belize and add Key West instead, I would simply rebook my cruise on the Legend, as that one appears to be going to Belize and now Roatan. Big score for divers/eco-tourists. But since Carnival is being so evasive, I am afraid they will wait til the last minute to make official changes to the Glory itinerary and I'll have no time to do anything but cancel. Bad for me, bad for Carnival. Key West just doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.

Don't get me wrong....I will be really disappointed to miss Belize too! I LOVE going there! I made a friend there a few years ago and he is our private tour guide now. I am keeping my fingers crossed they will work it out so we can go there; maybe that's what's taking so long!

I hope you're right, Gail811. Went on my honeymoon to Belize 13 years ago and have been desperate to get back since. I hope they put Belize back on the itinerary, but, after several calls to my TA and directly to Carnival, Carnival just sounds like they are being evasive regarding Glory. If I wasn't within my penalty window, I would simply cancel and rebook an itinerary that is of more interest to me. I'm between a rock and a hard place and all I can do is wait.

I guess my agent was wrong as she kept saying Roatan was a short term thing. By the way Leslie, we are on the same cruise with you. Come and join our rollcall.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=519170

I will join the roll call. I always forget about that. I am very excited about Roatan, I think that is the only port I haven't been to yet. We'll be looking forward to meeting everyone. Our other family members are now unable to go due to a family emergency, but we are still going.

Thanks for the heads up,

Leslie

We have 22 booked on the Glory this time....no way am I switching ships! We can do circles in the Caribbean and I will make sure everyone has a good time! We have a corner aft again too, and I am not giving that up without a fight!:D We did the itinerary this year, so I really don't think whatever change they come up with will upset anyone too much. We are all from VA and I don't think there are but two or three of us that have even been to Key West. I do understand why some people will want to switch ships though; hope it works out well for all of us!

I did hear back from my contact at Carnival:

"no they have not made any changes for the glory yet we should have that

info by next week."

With the Glory itinerary, all we are hearing, no matter WHICH week we call is "sometime next week". That song is getting old. :( Not flaming you Chris....just Carnival. Appreciate you trying.

Judy

Just went to my cruise info. on Carnival website.

Cruising the Legend April 08.

Costa Maya is being replace by Isla Roatan.

Are there ruins in Isla Roatan?

no, mainland only:( .

did you note the shorter stop in port - 8 - 3 pm

we'll probably go with Tulum

Here are more Roatan Pictures...we hired a driver for the day to take us around the island.

http://valor2006.shutterfly.com/action/pictures?a=67b0de21b33b9b5505b8

Here are more Roatan Pictures...we hired a driver for the day to take us around the island.

http://valor2006.shutterfly.com/action/pictures?a=67b0de21b33b9b5505b8

Thanks for sharing - beautiful pics! gives me hope lol that's a mighty big crab

Questions, lol of course:

*i did find a couple private drivers for hire in my websearch, did you give him specifics where you wanted to go? Not to be dense, is his function a "tour guide" or more of a taxi cab driver?

*the pics of wreck are awesome! Is there a beach nearby?

once i saw the rope bridge you had to cross to do the zipline at Gumbalimba, that got X'd off my list:eek: ...although the rest of it is promising

Archived