Replacement ports for Costa Maya announced

chriscruises

Thanks for sharing - beautiful pics! gives me hope lol that's a mighty big crab

Questions, lol of course:

*i did find a couple private drivers for hire in my websearch, did you give him specifics where you wanted to go? Not to be dense, is his function a "tour guide" or more of a taxi cab driver?

*the pics of wreck are awesome! Is there a beach nearby?

once i saw the rope bridge you had to cross to do the zipline at Gumbalimba, that got X'd off my list:eek: ...although the rest of it is promising

The driver was sorta both....he went where we wanted and then he gave info and stories along the way. He made a few suggestions.

The picture of the wreck was taken from the road...LOL...there was not a beach right thare.

The driver should adapt to what you want and need..he is yours for the day. ;)

Still nothing on the Glory. We sail on 11/3.. I just got off the phone with someone at Carnival and he said that there has been no changes for our cruise on the Glory! If they know for sure we won't be sailing to Costa Maya, then why can't they just give us a new itinerary?

Why does everyone seem to be acting like the Glory itinerary it some sort of big game to Carnival and they just aren't telling you to mess with your heads? If they knew and it was finalized, they'd tell you. What incentive would they have not to?

I assume they are working on setting up something, but all the final agreements with the new port have not yet been signed, so they aren't about to announce it yet. For the short term changes, they probably scrambled and got what they could and payed through the nose for it. But for these longer term arrangements, I'm sure they want to negotiate the best terms possible. The negotiations are just not complete yet.

Why does everyone seem to be acting like the Glory itinerary it some sort of big game to Carnival and they just aren't telling you to mess with your heads? If they knew and it was finalized, they'd tell you. What incentive would they have not to?

I assume they are working on setting up something, but all the final agreements with the new port have not yet been signed, so they aren't about to announce it yet. For the short term changes, they probably scrambled and got what they could and payed through the nose for it. But for these longer term arrangements, I'm sure they want to negotiate the best terms possible. The negotiations are just not complete yet.

jmho, believe they drug their feet overall, to prevent mass "ship jumping/cancellations" during Sept. (if they don't announce it and you're within the non-cancellable period, you are stuck). Whether just due to port changes or a chance to satisfy any "buyer's remorse"; it would've been an out for many.

As i posted earlier, a couple days ago Glory was pricing $400 - $500 more than comparable Legend cruises for Dec. for the balconies i priced out. I'm thinking an alternative for people booked on the Glory is to cancel & rebook less expensive itinerary, course they can't if they haven't been given the change in itinerary notice?:confused:

'course, i'm big on conspiracy theories:D

Regarding the Glory - it has been on the cruisecritic front page news about the new itinerary.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2198

Except Carnival is not confirming it. Call 1-888-Carnival, call your PVP, have your travel agent call Carnival, check the website, it's all the same answer.

No changes have been made to the Glory, and ONLY the Glory, western caribbean itinerary. We sail in 8 days, and no 'official' change yet, although God and everyone knows we're going to Key West, Progresso, Cozumel, and Nassau.

I'm with Keisha. I FIRMLY believe that Carnival is dragging their feet on this one. The rest of the itineraries got comparable substitutions for Costa Maya. The Glory western cruisers got screwed. Not only is Costa Maya gone, we lost Belize as well. Had they just substituted Progresso or Roatan or Grand Cayman for Costa Maya, I don't think anyone would be upset. But we got a double switch, and Key West? Come on!

The Glory western new itenerary is a complete joke and I'm as frustrated as anyone else. Give me Honduras or Belize or anything else, but Key West and Progresso?? Now I'm spending hard earned money to go to places I've already been to and don't particularly want to return to. I have also e-mailed my concerns to every address suggested on these boards and have yet to get a reply. This is a travesty and I am ticked off that I cannot cancel or change ships. We were booked on the Inspiration and changed to the Glory, what a mistake.

Robin:mad:

I'm with you Robin. I'm set to cruise on the Glory on 10/20 on just so disappointed with the new itinerary. I can't speak for all, but I'd rather just have a three port cruise with Belize still on the schedule than sacrifice Belize for Key West. And why couldn't Carnival have simply added Key West as replacement for Costa Maya and left Belize on the itinerary? By losing Belize, they have completely changed the flavor of the cruise.

Do any of the beaches in Roatan have a set-up like Paradise Beach (with the water toys, iceberg, etc.)?

I was hoping they (Legend) would go to Progresso:(

My son wants to see ruins (which we were going to do in Costa Maya) and they look great in Progresso.

We will see ruins in Cozumel and beach it in Roatan if we can.

kelz ... thanks for sharing those pics of Roatan!!

No problem...it's a semi new port, and I would love to go back.....my may cruise on the Fantasy was supposed to go to Costa Maya...but if they stick with where they have been going Progresso.:(

I'd kill for Belize or Roatan!

I hope everyone can find something to do in their new ports to enjoy!!

I'd rather be in Cozumel for 2 days instead of Progresso any time.

Robin:mad:

I am with you...I would even do key west...love that place!!!

Do any of the beaches in Roatan have a set-up like Paradise Beach (with the water toys, iceberg, etc.)?

My son wants to see ruins (which we were going to do in Costa Maya) and they look great in Progresso.

No beach set ups like that that I know of...but I could easily be wrong...double check on the ports of call boards.:cool:

Here are more Roatan Pictures...we hired a driver for the day to take us around the island.

http://valor2006.shutterfly.com/action/pictures?a=67b0de21b33b9b5505b8

Very nice, thanks for posting your pics, Paul! We're really looking forward to this change in the itinerary for the Legend, we've never been to Roatan. Some of our best cruises have had port changes due to hurricanes or bad weather and this one is looking like a good change. :D

Ms B

My wife and I are booked and sailing on the Carnival Victory Western Caribbean 11-18-07 out of Miami. We purchased our tickets directly from Carnival 8-10-07. Our receipt states Costa Maya. Upon registering for our online documents the itenerary listed Costa Maya. That is until today. It now reads Cozumel. I read the cancellation agreement on my own having not received proper notification. I then contacted my TA and they hadn't heard anything yet. Nonetheless, my wife and I are bouncing in our seats happy and gratefully counting down the days. Costa Maya or Cozumel? I just know it'll be far more regenerating than late November Michigan. Safe sailing to all!

i'm with you!:) although after hearing how the Glory had 2 ports switched, i'm just glad it didn't happen to the Legend.

What ruins you thinking of in Cozumel - Tulum? It appears as though the ones on Cozumel are minor; afraid to take a non-cruise line trip & fly to chichen itza (afraid we'll miss the ship lol). We were going to go to Xcaret, they have some mayan items; not sure if they are reproductions or not?

It appears as though Tabayana Beach is an option (either thru Carnival or on your own via driver). found info as to boats there that will take you out to snorkel on the reef?

My wife and I are booked and sailing on the Carnival Victory Western Caribbean 11-18-07 out of Miami. We purchased our tickets directly from Carnival 8-10-07. Our receipt states Costa Maya. Upon registering for our online documents the itenerary listed Costa Maya. That is until today. It now reads Cozumel. I read the cancellation agreement on my own having not received proper notification. I then contacted my TA and they hadn't heard anything yet. Nonetheless, my wife and I are bouncing in our seats happy and gratefully counting down the days. Costa Maya or Cozumel? I just know it'll be far more regenerating than late November Michigan. Safe sailing to all!

Well you know it won't be Costa Maya. That port is totally wiped out. You'll have great fun in Cozumel. We'll be going there for our 3rd time and not even close to seeing everything yet. Stop in at Senor Frogs or Carlos and Charlies by the middle pier - they are a blast and we are in our 50's but just watching is a good time.

Except Carnival is not confirming it. Call 1-888-Carnival, call your PVP, have your travel agent call Carnival, check the website, it's all the same answer.

No changes have been made to the Glory, and ONLY the Glory, western caribbean itinerary. We sail in 8 days, and no 'official' change yet, although God and everyone knows we're going to Key West, Progresso, Cozumel, and Nassau.

I'm with Keisha. I FIRMLY believe that Carnival is dragging their feet on this one. The rest of the itineraries got comparable substitutions for Costa Maya. The Glory western cruisers got screwed. Not only is Costa Maya gone, we lost Belize as well. Had they just substituted Progresso or Roatan or Grand Cayman for Costa Maya, I don't think anyone would be upset. But we got a double switch, and Key West? Come on!

This happened to us in 2005 when we were booked on the Valor.

I had to keep going to the Carnival site a few times a day to be ready to cancel it to book on the Miracle since the Miracle was going to Cozumel and the Valor wasn't anymore but Carnival did not announce it for a long time. (Our daughter was scheduled for her dream of a lifetime to swim with the dolphins and this was the only cruise that the whole family and extended family was ever booked on to see it). Even though we had to change the swim from Cozumel to Playa Del Carmen (due to hurricane damage) she still fulfilled that dream.

Everyone who is going to cancel and rebook you won't get an e-mail or phone call that the itinerary had changed so keep checking for the official notice on the Carnival site and stick within that 24 hours no penalty cancellation policy.

I recieved an email from Carnival it states:

Dear Carnival Guest

Due to the impact of Hurricane Dean, we will replace the scheduled call in Costa Maya with a visit to Cozumel on the Carnival Valor 7 day Western Caribbean cruises of Sept 16,2007 to April 26, 2009 (every 2 weeks) excluding Dec 23, 2007 when it will make it a sea day.

I hope this clears things up for everyone

I recieved an email from Carnival

Dear Carnival Guest:

Due to the impact from Hurricane Dean, we will replace the scheduled call in Costa Maya with a visit to Cozumel on the Carnival Valor 7 day Western Caribbean cruises of Spet 16,2007 to April 26, 2009(every 2 weeks), excluding Dec 23,2007 when they will make it a sea day instead.

I hope this clears things up for some people

Well you know it won't be Costa Maya. That port is totally wiped out. You'll have great fun in Cozumel. We'll be going there for our 3rd time and not even close to seeing everything yet. Stop in at Senor Frogs or Carlos and Charlies by the middle pier - they are a blast and we are in our 50's but just watching is a good time.

Thanks for the tips on Cozumel. Specifically the middle pier reference. We will be sure to check it out. Have a great sail on the Norwegian Pearl!

Archived