Foot Regimen

Tralynn222

I keep a litle thing that has a pumice stone with a 6" or so handle in the shower. At the end of the shower, I give my heels a little rub with this thing. Over the course of a week or so it smooths them right out, plus it's easier to do a bit at a time than try do everthing at once after soaking my feet. For the rest of the foot, I use St. Ive's apricot scrub just to keep them soft.

My salon recommended Vick's vapoRub as a cream every night with a pair of soft socks, works like a charm and this had been a problem for me for many years-------no more tho! :p ( this is of course AFTER you've had a good pedicure), certainly cheap enought to give a try, huh???

Cocoa Butter, aloe, and vitamin e. Purchased 2 for 1 at local RiteAid Drug Store. I'm on my last bottle, have used 3 up within last year. When I go for my pedicures, my nail tech. can't believe how soft my feet are ! Living in the HOT, and very DRY desert, skin does suffer.

I rub lotion into feet and legs and put on socks for hour or so. Try it if you can find it ! It's great !

I like the idea of the Vick's but don't think I want the smell ! :eek:

I live in the dry, dry desert. I got an rx cream (urea 50%) from my dermatologist that I use two or three times a week all over the bottoms of my feet. On the off nights, I use a honey/shea butter cream with those 'moisture socks' you can buy in the beauty section of Wal*Mart or Target.

Robin

I live in florida too!

I get a professional pedicure once a month. When I get home, I add 1-2 more layers of clear topcoat to help protect the polish.

I use my own special concoction on unscented, block shea butter melted with vitamin e oil. To that I add a little bit of lavendar essential oil, basil essential oil, and sweet orange essential oil.

I put that on my feet every day after my shower (to help hold the moisture) and at night. I use my concoction on my entire body, my face, and its great for sunburns & bumps/scrapes.

I like Ahava Dermud foot cream.

My sister has a terrible time with crusty heels and soles that crack and are painful. She goes to a dermatologist and needs a perscription. Her Dr. tells her this problem is very common with women of menopausal age..something to do with the changing hormones. She had tried everything under the sun and nothing over the counter works.

I use Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Foot Cream every day, especially after I shower. I have really dry thirsty ASHY feet. You know, the type of feet that can walk across glass and not feel it:cool:

Pedicure alone didn't help but this really does keep my feet nice and soft all the time. With just a bi weekly pedicure my feet would be rough and ready for glass walking by day 4 (but my toes would be bangin!!;) )

During the winter I have these really nice soft fluffy socks that I sleep in. I slather a little dab on my heels at night as well since my skin seems to dry up more in the winter.

Does work well enough I used this stuff on dry spots I get on my legs too:D

I've tried all kinds of stuff, vasaline, vicks, crisco, olive oil, cocobutter (the pure stuff), coconut oil, lanolin, black caster oil....none of them worked that well for me and would just ruin my sheets and clothing.

The only thing I'd change is the smell and the size bottle it comes in. (though a little bit can go a long way)

-Q

I recently tried the Oil of Olay warming foot scrub and it is AWESOME! I was amazed at how smooth and soft my feet were afterward. First time, I just sat on the side of the tub and did it. Second time, I tried it in the shower, but for some reason it didn't work as well. Maybe I spent more time scrubbing and massaging when I was just doing my feet. Anyway, I recommend it !

I swear by L'Occitane's 100% Shea Butter.

This stuff even helped my husband's ugly ol' feet. :D We started putting together our toiletries for our Mediterranean Cruise (we leave next week!) yesterday...and he even commented to make sure I pack the Shea Butter. :D

I also keep a pumice with a long handle in the shower & use it daily on heels and under toes (I tend to get creases under my toes!) Then I slather on Bath & Bodyworks "Shea it isn't so" foot cream. Gonna try those spa socks now.;)

Archived