Capt Bryans review

familycruzer

I know that questions are always asked about the private tours so I figured I would post a review about Capt Bryans.

First let me say that I did have a great time and I am happy to of experienced swimming with the sting rays but I would have picked a different tour operator an earlier time.

We had to wait almost 3 hours after tendering in before our tour began and we were brought back to the ship about 15 minutes before the last tender. It did not leave much time for shopping because most stores were opening as our tour began. I would have liked to of had an early tour and then shop.

The bus ride there was something to be desired .. we even had a skylight ( a hole in the roof of an old bus)

2097288990069756907GnuDtp_ph.jpg

The boat was in good condition and the staff was nice but I did not think they were top of the line. The time in the water was more about a photo op than the stingrays. I will also state that it was very crowded by the time we got there and the stingrays did not seem to be hungry.

2123112240069756907epFlmt_ph.jpg

Bottom line, I think this was the lowest price tour when I booked it I got what I paid for. Although not a horrible excursion, I would go with another company next time around.

I know that questions are always asked about the private tours so I figured I would post a review about Capt Bryans.

First let me say that I did have a great time and I am happy to of experienced swimming with the sting rays but I would have picked a different tour operator an earlier time.

We had to wait almost 3 hours after tendering in before our tour began and we were brought back to the ship about 15 minutes before the last tender. It did not leave much time for shopping because most stores were opening as our tour began. I would have liked to of had an early tour and then shop.

The bus ride there was something to be desired .. we even had a skylight ( a hole in the roof of an old bus)

2097288990069756907GnuDtp_ph.jpg

The boat was in good condition and the staff was nice but I did not think they were top of the line. The time in the water was more about a photo op than the stingrays. I will also state that it was very crowded by the time we got there and the stingrays did not seem to be hungry.

2123112240069756907epFlmt_ph.jpg

Bottom line, I think this was the lowest price tour when I booked it I got what I paid for. Although not a horrible excursion, I would go with another company next time around.

Hi, thanks for the review. I am all in favor of private tours but normally do them in places where what I want is not offered or do an all day tour combining what I want to see. This is one place where we are currently booked with our ship (Celebrity). We just want the earliest shortest tour. The difference in price is maybe $5.00 per person. This way we will get on the tenders first (or early), but most importantly do not have to worry about contacting the operator if we are delayed, or have to wait for others that may be late off of another ship.

Stingray City will be crowded whether you are on a boat with 15 persons or 50 (Celebrity said about 40 per boat).

Why did you have to wait 3 hours??? Were you waiting for others who were running late?

We had a very different experience with the same company. We booked the early MORNING tour and found it to be really great. The catamarn (Hannibal) was only half full and very clean. The staff was nice but not hyper active (which I think I kinda liked, it was a really laid back sailing out there, we just layed on the trampolines and relaxed as we sailed out). We hit Stingray city before the crowds and the rays were really happy to see us and we had a great time! Afterwards we snorkeled for awhile (and got some really great photos with a nurse shark) and then they delivered us back to the pier by 11:30 am. We had plenty of time to go to Seven Mile beach for some swimming and lunch (we went to Royal Palms) and then we returned to the pier area for some shopping before we left. Overall the timing was perfect! I highly recommend the morning tour. Get there before the crowds then enjoy the rest of your day. We didn't have the same bus as the original poster (with the funny skylight!). Ours was older but clean and air conditioned. Overall I think it was really a good deal and I'd do this again in the morning.

Sailskat, I'm glad to hear you had a great early morning excursion. I have booked my family with Capt Bryan for the first Stingray trip of the day and I hope I have an experience like yours. We are also planning on stopping at Royal Palms after for lunch.

Any reccomendations or suggestions when we are at Royal Palms?

Thanks!

We've booked with Capt. Bryan twice and had excellent experiences on both visits. I really prefer to book with a private company when it comes to stingray city, just looking at the masses of people crammed onto double decker boats makes me happy to be on a catamaran with 8-12 other people. The individual attention is awesome too!

Archived