Captain Marvin's

knight2096

Hi Im thinking of using Captain Marvins because they have an early tour from 8:30 am to 10:45 am island time. I'm sailing on Carnival Inspiration in port 7am to 2pm ship time. Will the 8:30 am island time Captain Marvin tour be a good choice? Do the Carnival ship usally get into Grand Cayman on time? Will I be able to get off in time since we have to wait for people taking Carnivals excursions to get tendered before us? I like this tour because of the early time. I have checked with others like Soto etc... and there first tours all seem to be 9:30 to 11:30 island time which is cutting it close if for some reason we are held up or late getting back from the tour. Any Advice would help :)

Hi Im thinking of using Captain Marvins because they have an early tour from 8:30 am to 10:45 am island time. I'm sailing on Carnival Inspiration in port 7am to 2pm ship time. Will the 8:30 am island time Captain Marvin tour be a good choice? Do the Carnival ship usally get into Grand Cayman on time? Will I be able to get off in time since we have to wait for people taking Carnivals excursions to get tendered before us? I like this tour because of the early time. I have checked with others like Soto etc... and there first tours all seem to be 9:30 to 11:30 island time which is cutting it close if for some reason we are held up or late getting back from the tour. Any Advice would help :)

How does that compare to ships time if say the ship has a tour that leaves at 8:30am too?

Oh yeah I fogot to ad we will be the only ship in port on that Day if that makes any difference.

You're lucky being on the only ship in port...it will make for a nice experience. :)

We always use Captain Marvin's and have always had a wonderful time. You could e-mail Joan or Ruth at CM's and they will be able to tell you if this time will work for you. Tendering shouldn't be an issue with only one ship in port, but you need to figure out if ship time and island time will be the same.

The Cayman Islands don't observe Daylight Savings, so basically in the winter, if your ship sails from the east coast, ship time and island time should be the same. If you're there during the summer, ship time would be an hour ahead of island time.

They should know what your ship will be doing, as far as the time issue (some ships move their clocks, others don't...and this varies even within a cruise line).

We are on the Victory in December leaving from Miami. We also dock at 7am. I emailed Captain Marvins to ask the same question for their early tour and it appears that we will have enough time for the early tour. Ship time and local time is the same when we are there.

Linda

Early Capt. Marvin tour is great as we were the only boat snorkeling at Coral Gardens. Once we hit Stingray City it wasn't crowded there either. Day in Cayman isn't very long - extra time gained at the end due to early tour can be utilized for beaching, shopping, etc. BTW - We really enjoyed Capt. Marvins - boats aren't overcrowded like some of their competitors.

Archived