RCI Enchantment V Carniva lFascination

ScotFi

Hi

First time cruiser looking for thoughts on Carnival Fascination in comparison to RCI Enchantment of the Seas. RCI only slightly more expensive for five day cruise. Have posted same question on Carnival sight for more even feedback.

Thanks in advance

Hi

First time cruiser looking for thoughts on Carnival Fascination in comparison to RCI Enchantment of the Seas. RCI only slightly more expensive for five day cruise. Have posted same question on Carnival sight for more even feedback.

Thanks in advance

I have been on Enchantment and Fantasy and Inspiration.

I would take Enchantment anyday over the others, Inspiration would be a close second and Fantasy...well last.

My advise would be to take Enchantment.

Lesson #1 I learned the hard way - NEVER cruise on a Carnival ship ending in "ion"...

HAHAHAHAAHA...

I've been on Elation and Sensation. Two cheapie cruises that I enjoyed. But to compare it to anything in the RCCL fleet, not going to happen.

I said it over at the Carnival thread and I'll say it here, stick with Enchantment. You get what you pay for.

I think I am staying away from the -ION cruises for a while. ;)

Lesson #1 I learned the hard way - NEVER cruise on a Carnival ship ending in "ion"...

I've been on the Holiday, and as far as comparison from it, to the Legend of the Seas, by far....WAY better ship, service, food, clientel, etc. I know Carnival is the "fun ship", and i have nothing against it, but honestly, it was a party 24/7. I have nothing against this, I promise. I did have a good time on that cruise, but it was just too much public drunkeness, kids running absolutely wild, etc. The food, was hands down much better on the Legend of the Seas. The entertainment was, however, better on the Holiday, but i think that might be just in part due to the fact I actually went to the comedian/shows/etc on the Holiday. If you are on a really tight budget (like i was) go with Carnival, but be prepared for more of a festive, party atmosphere (be prepared for what happens with parties too.) if you don't mind spending a little extra $$ then go with RCCL.

This is coming from a 22 yr old college student. I drink, party, etc. but still, RCCL is the way to go for me. I just appreciate the total guest experience so much more that what i received from the Holiday. Don't get me wrong, i did not have a bad cruise and nothing really detracted from my guest experience with Carnival, i just prefer RCCL better. Depending on your age, you might too! hope this helps!!!

We were on the Enchantment and Fascination in 2005. There is no comparison, Enchantment is an elegant, refined ship. Fascination is a slipshod party boat with drunks emptying almost empties in the pool when the next tray of 6 packs shows up. No place to sit on the ledge around the pool because of ashtrays and empty drink glasses taking up all the space. People smoking in the no smoking lounges. Music blaring so loud you can't hear yourself think. I could go on......

And Enchantment has the beautiful lit up sky bridges, the bungee trampoline, the pool bar with the cutouts.......

No comparison.

I've been on both. When I went on Fascination during Christmas break I didn't notice that it was a major party atmosphere. And the crew at that time was actually quite good. But...as the previous poster said, there IS no comparison. For the overall experience, I'd definitely pay the little bit extra for the Enchantment of the Seas. If you could place the exact same people, food, shows and crew on each ship, I'd go with Enchantment. But the reality is that Enchantment has much more to offer and it's a beautiful ship.

I have been on both ships and there is no question that Enchantment is the better one. Decor, cabins, food, and shows were much better on Enchantment. Fascination is older and it shows, too glitzy, tacky and outdated. Enchantment is elegant and beautiful with more to do and better service. its a little more expensive but definately worth it.

Hi

Thanks advice from people in the know is a great bonus when you have no previous experience to draw on. I want to make this one right as my husband is not too keen on the idea I on the other hand am, hope to convert him.

Scot fi;)

Hi

Thanks advice from people in the know is a great bonus when you have no previous experience to draw on. I want to make this one right as my husband is not too keen on the idea I on the other hand am, hope to convert him.

Scot fi;)

Do you mean your husband is not to keen on the idea of cruising? If that's the case and you are looking to sell him on the idea, then you really better go on Enchantment.

Those older Carnival ships just don't have the updated and elegant appearance of the older Royal Caribbean ships. In some areas of those old Carnival ships you feel like your in the musty metal dark inside of a submarine. Carnival seems to allow simple things like carpeting to wear down much farther before replacing it. I've noticed this on both of the older Carnival ships I've cruised. And the old Carnival ships have horrible and confusing deck plans that take about 4 days to figure out. The RCI ships have simple plans although I admit to getting confused between front to back. At least I never had to spend a lot of time going up and down to get from front to back of a lot of the decks on RCI as I've had to do on Carnival.

This doesn't mean I wouldn't cruise Carnival. I have and I will again because of certain circumstances. I just prefer RCI and I think it will be easier to sell someone on cruising if you take them on Enchantment over Fascination.

Gina

Do you mean your husband is not to keen on the idea of cruising? If that's the case and you are looking to sell him on the idea, then you really better go on Enchantment.

Those older Carnival ships just don't have the updated and elegant appearance of the older Royal Caribbean ships. In some areas of those old Carnival ships you feel like your in the musty metal dark inside of a submarine. Carnival seems to allow simple things like carpeting to wear down much farther before replacing it. I've noticed this on both of the older Carnival ships I've cruised. And the old Carnival ships have horrible and confusing deck plans that take about 4 days to figure out. The RCI ships have simple plans although I admit to getting confused between front to back. At least I never had to spend a lot of time going up and down to get from front to back of a lot of the decks on RCI as I've had to do on Carnival.

This doesn't mean I wouldn't cruise Carnival. I have and I will again because of certain circumstances. I just prefer RCI and I think it will be easier to sell someone on cruising if you take them on Enchantment over Fascination.

Gina

You are so right.

My wife has been on many more cruises than I have and is very loyal to Royal Caribbean. She kept trying to sell me on the idea of a Caribbean cruise and I kept telling her I had no interest.

For Christmas 2005 my wife got me a 5 night cruise on Enchantment, my very first cruise. From the moment I walked on to this ship I was hooked.

As You can see by my signature, that was just the beginning.

On an added note, my second cruise was on Fantasy, IF this had been my first cruise....I would have never cruised again. I will say we very recently went on Carnival Inspiration and loved it. We will sail on Inspiration again. BUT, if this is his first experience, you MUST go with Enchantment. It was my first cruise and it has me hooked.

:D

Hi

Thanks for all the help. Eventually decided to take a full refund from Carnival and have just booked on Enchantment for September next year.

It was good for us as the dates fitted with the rest of our holiday.

I would just like to thank you for all the help, much appreciated.

Scotfi

Excellent! Glad you will be cruising on her. We are going in a few weeks and will let you know what we think.

Speaking of Scotland, we are very interested in the Jewel's British Isles / Norwegian Fjords cruise. There is only one sailing next June. Unfortunately, I don't think my money tree will bear fruit by then, so we will have to wait. I hope they have a similar itinerary in 2009. I even gave up my morning Starbucks in order to save for this cruise!

:D

Hi

Thanks for all the help. Eventually decided to take a full refund from Carnival and have just booked on Enchantment for September next year.

It was good for us as the dates fitted with the rest of our holiday.

I would just like to thank you for all the help, much appreciated.

Scotfi

Have a great cruise.:)

We cruised the Enchantment prior to her being enlarged. We had a great time, and we would recommend cruising the EOS. We have been on a few Carnival cruises with the smallest ship being the Paradise. We had a great time on her too. Spend the extra money and enjoy the Enchantment.

John & Shari

Archived