majesty and boarding i.d.

grandma and papa

We are leaving next week on the majesty. We have four children with us. The two youngest are 6 and 8. I think all we need for them are their birth certificates. The other two kids are 13 and 16. Is a birth certificate all thats needed for them also.? The 16 year old does not have her drivers license yet so the only photo i.d. for her is her school i.d. Even the 13 year old has a school i.d. Could we use that.?

Hi. I called Norwegian and asked them directly. Was told to get 16 year old an identification card at the D.M.V.

The kids mom is also going on cruise with us. We have birth certificates for all and passports for the adults. The 16 year old was the only one with questionable I.D. They say she needs a government issued photo I.D.;) :rolleyes:

Hi Thanks for the advice. We have taken the kids when they were younger. We were advised to get a note from the mother saying we could seek care and be responsible for the kids in case of an emmergency. I never thought of still having a note from her even if she was traveling with us, I guess you never know when you will have a need to use this document. We even had the note notorized.Thanks

I work as a paramedic and I have seen times on ski vacation that a child gets hurt and the parents are not the first family to get to the aid station. There can be a delay of an hour in that situation to get the consent from the parents.

If you happen to watch the kids when mom/dad are doing something alone then you can consent also.

Archived