All about ARCADIA!

LibraLass41

Have you photos of the Venice cruise Dai ?- as I am on this one soon, and any tips on ports appreciated ) we have Cephalonia,Dubrovnik,venice, split corfu which i haven't been too.

Sue

x

Hi Sue,

My post says are on, our cruise is after you have been:D:D

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

The only thing I was wondering about was the long three days at sea at the end - it's a pity they can't break it up with a call somewhere en-route

I love having days at sea! I don't like the cruises where you have a few days in a row going ashore. So much to do and enjoy on board!

My main gripe is the last day at sea sailing home.... the ent's team seem to give up, and have a day off, there was nothing to do! We were sailing through the bay in thick fog in july (horrible weather UK/ brill in Med, sailing back into UK) and looked at the ships paper - nothing exciting happening - no bands playing, no talks, nowt! wandered around had a coffee, too cold for deck quoits competition, obviously no sunbathing - that would of been ok if weather good - well it was July !!, They assume you are all 'packing' ready for cases out at 4pm etc but that doesn't take long. The only things in the mag were - don't forget to buy your photos, have a manicure etc, all things that cost money, no entertainment. Found this on both canaries and med cruise sailing home - very annoying.

Sue

Do have to agree with you there Sue. that seems to be the only problem with sailing from So'ton down to the Med/Canaries etc - the sea days back.

For some reason, once you leave your last port and start the journey back to So'ton, you are on a decline as you are on your way home, even if it still a few days away. We left Gib on the Friday evening and still had a whole weekend to go before getting back to So'ton on Monday morning but everybody seemed a bit down.

At least on a cruise around the Carib, you can opt to spend a couple of nights in Florida and then fly back when it suits you. Hassle of flying I know but it does seem to be a better ending in a way to the hols as the ending comes later but much faster if you get my drift rather than being dragged over a couple of days.

it is great sailing from the UK re no airport stress and taking so much more luggage but we have decided next cruise will be from Med or US port next time and mix it in with a little land hols too:p

Kind regards,

Babs

"My main gripe is the last day at sea sailing home"

Yip! I know what you mean Sue! I try my best to enjoy the last day as much as possible, but I always feel that the staff aren't really interested in us any more as they are busy preparing for the next lot on. The cabin stewards even put the new bedding under the bed and towels in the bathroom in readiness for the new occupants! Who can blame them though as they have so much to do.

When we were waiting on the Arcadia in Barbados for our delayed flight to the UK, we were made to sit in the (closed) bar areas . Then they bussed us to the airport where we had to sit for 3 hours.A busy Barbados airport with nowhere to sit was not a pleasant experience and one I won't forget in a hurry!

Caryl

Hi Sue Venice it one of my fav cities and a great cruise call we sailed out of Venice on our second ever cruise and it was a maigical expereince sailing past Santa maria Della Salute and gliding past the entrance to the Grand canal and seeing St Marks Square and the Dodges palaces fading into the sunset is a sight no true cruise addict should miss.

Dubrovnik is a stunning little city almost the perfect cruise stop enough to do on your own too I think all ships tender at Dubrovnik we did, you must take the stroll around the city walls for best views and chance to spy your ship and any others that maybe in on the day

You will love it

A radio programme to day reminded me.

Does Arcadia still have the whoopee cushioned chairs around the dance floor?

This was one of the highlights in 2005. Off the dance floor was a carpetted sitting out area with leather tub chairs. When you sat down each chair gave off a distinctive .........

By careful synchronisation you could get a group jumping up and sitting down and playing a tune :p

Naturally we only did this when assembling for a tour or tender.

"Does Arcadia still have the whoopee cushioned chairs around the dance floor?"

Crikey I had forgotten about that! We were on the Acapulco-Barbados (over New Year) Cruise in 2005 and laughed so much over those chairs! Some people were actually a bit embarrassed when they made the noise -which made me laugh even more!

I bet they still have the chairs. Too expensive to throw out!

Are you allowed to wear jeans when sitting on whoopee cushioned-chairs?

NO:mad::mad::mad:

:)Happy Cruising:)

This is the answer to tomUk not PN who jumped his turn. Cos he is most likley wearing jeans now. Its a DISGRACE!!

Dai

I most certainly am not wearing jeans. I am over 40 and wearing trousers with proper turnups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The thought of it.

Whoopieeeeeeeee

You mean you have no turnups in your Jeans:confused: I thought you were a 'Style Guru':eek:

It is most classy if the turnups are different sizes:rolleyes:

:)Happy Cruising

Dai

Yep, you are right about the balcony doors, have had staterooms last 2 cruises and have one again in May 08. Had a outside balcony on Aurora - more smaller than the stateroom, prefer stateroom.

We take a winebox on board of Chardonny - fits in fridge ok, then sits on the little table on the balcony with the little tap hanging over - bliss

Sue

Sue,

how do you manage to take a winebox with you? We are flying out o New Orleans on 25th January, on Arcadia, and thinking that's a good idea but your tips would be helpful.

Kim

Archived