NCL Price Adjustment Policy

disneydiane61

We're on the same sailing, and in the same price drop situation, as Catamount71.

Called TA this morning, he called NCL and was told the usual line about this being a promotion for new bookings only. TA said he'd phoned NCL a hundred times about price drops and gotten only one reduction. I called NCL myself and got this escalated to a supervisor, who ultimately gave the same answer -- even though we'd also booked under the "Pity the Procrastinator" promo, it was in a "different time frame" and thus this was "not a new booking" and they would give neither a price reduction nor an OBC. I have still asked the TA management to do their best to get this resolved with NCL. I do understand that the TA would be spending this time in an effort to get their commission reduced, which isn't an ideal situation -- if an OBC wouldn't affect their commission, I'd gladly take that; if they got the reduction and charged a small fee, I'd accept that as well.

I understand both sides to this debate. Ultimately, if NCL carries out a different policy than, say, X or RCI, customers are not being forced to accept this -- they can choose to cruise with whichever line they please. It is NCL's prerogative to serve their bottom line investment (and investors) as they deem fit. OTOH, this is our first cruise with NCL... if everything else goes well, will we book with NCL again? We probably would -- with the caveat of avoiding bookings far in advance if it means that the price is locked in, when others can book much later and get a better deal while our money is being held interest-free.

Exactly what I was trying to say - There is perception and then there is the published details of this "upgrade" promotion. People are getting very upset due to the perception not the promotion.

I agree that this is a perception problem. Was with me.

However in Diane's case you would think that a cruise year out and a booking made two weeks ago, that companies would want to honor the lower price. I agree they have no obligation, but I don't see this price drop as a last minute fill up the ship.

You see the problem Apple is having with there price drop on iphones. Again the companies have no obligation, but a happy customer is a returning customer.

Richard

However in Diane's case you would think that a cruise year out and a booking made two weeks ago, that companies would want to honor the lower price. I agree they have no obligation, but I don't see this price drop as a last minute fill up the ship.

You see the problem Apple is having with there price drop on iphones. Again the companies have no obligation, but a happy customer is a returning customer.

Richard

Some people on this board would call Apple stupid for doing that

I happen to think it is good CSR

Richard

Once again I agree. I believe with a little work she will get the better price. Like many things in life just keep asking until you find someone with the right answer. I remember reading a thread here and someone said call NCL 5 times you will get 5 different answers. One of them has to be right

Since this cruise is so far out, if NCL will not budge on the price then I would cancel and rebook with another line. I could understand it if this cruise were within 60 days of sailing and they were trying to fill empty cabins but this cruise is almost a year away.

If you choose cruises entirely based on price (or the principle thereof), then by all means do so.

Others may choose their cruises based on other options and features of individual lines and itineraries.

I know Princess and Carnival also have promotions, sales, policies that say "for new bookings only" and also I was never given a price drop from either one when I saw it went down after I booked. Some posters say they get a credit or upgrade but you don't know what price they paid to begin with (might have been alot higher than yours).

So, I have learned book the cabin you want and sometimes your TA will take it out of his/her commission to keep you happy if you see the price go down, but generally don't look back after you book. Start planning your cruise and be happy you got a cabin of your choice.

If you want to wait for possible promotions and price breaks, then wait to book like what we are doing for our April 2008 and Fall 2008 cruise.

Archived